Where Are The Celebrities My Future Children Can Look Up To?

What is this world going to consist of if all we’re doing is glorifying things like stripping and violent rap music?

108
Danielle Bregoli / YouTube

I’m glad I knew what I wanted in life long before technology and social media took over. I’m one of those people that constantly think about the future and how everything is technology. Young children today are more inspired by what they read on the internet instead of what they’re taught at home. What they aren’t seeing are people who encourage education and self-love. We glorify and give so much attention to Amber Rose, Blac Chyna, Cardi B, the Kardashians, Jenners, etc. I constantly rant about this because I constantly ask myself:

What are my future children going to have to look up to when they’re surfing the web?

As I was in the car with my mom the current hit "Bodak Yellow" by Cardi B began playing and I went on with my usual rant about how it seems that getting an education to be successful is a long ass process. If you look at the majority of the up and coming celebrities they didn’t have to bust their asses in college to get to where they are now.

Here are a few of the most discussed celebrities right now:

Cardi B is just one example. Yes, she did some college, but that’s not what got her to where she is. She stripped and made indecent, comedic Instagram videos and that’s how she became known. Now she is a rapper and reality television star who takes pride in what she did to make it.

Another example is Danielle Bregoli, also known as "Bhad Bhabie," the now 14-year-old 'star' who made it because of her infamous appearance on the Dr. Phil Show at just 13 for disrespecting her mom on so many levels. While on the show, she told audience members the phrase, “cash me outside, how bow dah.” Almost a year later she is on probation for five years, has 104,000 followers on Instagram, and now raps. She recently released a diss track against her father in her remix to Kodak Black and XXXTenatacion’s "Roll In Peace."

SEE ALSO: Dear 'Cash Me Ousside, How Bout Dah?' Girl

Next are the Kardashian-Jenner sisters. I’m not going to go into great detail because I’m sure everyone knows about them. I think this family serves as a great example to prove my point that education isn’t as glorified as things like stripping or sex tapes. Kourtney Kardashian is the only one of the sisters that went to college and received a degree. She also has the least number of followers on social media and is the least acknowledged of the five. I can’t speak so much on Kendall Jenner either because she doesn’t receive the same negative attention as her sisters either. However, Kim, Khloe, and Kylie glorify cosmetic surgeries and are viewed as sex symbols in the industry, putting their bodies on display.

So we have disrespectful children, strippers, and women with injected body parts being glorified. I’ve had a countless amount of friends and have seen countless young girls admire these women. No, they aren’t the worst women in the world, but I’d like my future daughters and other young girls to see that there’s more to life than just showing or changing your body and to always be respectful of others.

Let me not forget to mention the young boys and men in this world. The ones giving up school trying to pursue rap careers not realizing that you are not always guaranteed a record deal, or when you do get signed you might just be a one hit wonder. Or the ones who are inspired by rappers who rap about drugs, gang life, guns, and violence. I’m glad that rappers like Logic and Kendrick Lamar are really inspiring young men right now. But then we have rappers like Bobby Shmurda, who landed in prison after his one major hit and couldn’t even afford bail.

The point of this article is to demonstrate that we need to show young people more of the world. There’s more to life than swinging around poles or being the next famous Instagram model; there’s more to it than being a thug or gangster. What is this world going to consist of if all we’re doing is glorifying things like stripping and violent rap music? We need to glorify and display more positive influences that can show the young ones how to love what was given to them and explore other opportunities. We need to show young children that there’s more to pursue in this world and not to put all their aspirations into what they see online.