Who is Lamar Jackson? Complete Detail 2022

Lamar Jackson

18
Lamar jackson

Lamar Beatrice Jackson Jr. was born on January 7, 1997 and is an American quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens in the National Football League (NFL). He played for college football at the University of Louisville and was named the men's ACC Athlete of the Year for all conference sports, following the 2017–18 school year. Here he even won the Heisman Trophy during his sophomore year, and was selected by the Ravens as the final first round pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. He went on to become the youngest NFL quarterback to start a playoff game at age 21. He set the record of a quarterback with the most rushing yards and led the Ravens at the top of the game at the American Football Conference (AFC). For this reason he became the second unanimous Most Valuable Player (MVP) and the fourth African-American quarterback to win the award.

He is the fourth African-American quarterback to have earned the title of MVP. In college while adding to awards along with the Heisman Trophy, he got recognition as winner of the Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Award, and during his sophomore year in 2016, he was unanimously selected as an All-American at the University of Louisville. He was called the Louie for Play of the Year for his performance at the Syracuse games that year. The same goes for being called the Adidas High Performance Male Athlete of the Year in 2017. In 2020 however, he faced an injury - a concussion that served as an impediment to his sports career as the Ravens lost to Buffalo Bills by 3-17. To aggravate the conditions, Lamar even tested positive for Covid-19 and was placed on the reserve list of players. On December 7th of the same year the athlete returned to his game and was expected to make some stellar comeback with his team.

Personal Life and Early Years

He was born to Felicia Jackson and Lamar Jackson Sr. and was brought up in a financially constrained part of Pompano beach in Florida. When Lamar was only eight years old his father died of a heart attack the same day as his grandmother deceased in 2005. His mother single-handedly raised Lamar and his younger brother along with younger sisters. He attended Santaluces School for higher studies and later transferred to Boynton Beach High School. At present the 25 year old player is unmarried but in a relationship with Jaime Taylor of African American background just like him. Both of them have been together for three years since their college days but prefer not to publicize any details of their relationship. Thi i9s because they value their privacy and want to avoid any paparazzi interference or public criticism. He has an American citizenship and his net worth is $4 million USD. He has an athletic stature with a height of 6 feet and 2 inches and a weight of 96 kgs. From the start of 2019 Lamar started living in Owings Mills, Maryland, about 20 minutes from the Ravens training complex with his mother, brother, and sisters. His favorite player is Michale Vick and his religion is Christianity. Jackson worked toward a communications major at the University of Louisville while he played his college football there.He is a supporter of Blessings in a Backpack, a Louisville charity that provides meals on weekends to children served by the National School Lunch Program.

Some Awards and Honors

• Heisman Trophy (2016)

It is presented by the Heisman Trophy Trust in early December before the postseason bowl games. It is awarded to the most outstanding player in college football for his diligence and perseverance. It is the oldest of several overall awards in college football, including the Maxwell Award, Walter Camp Award, and the AP Player of the Year. The Heisman and the AP Player of the Year honor the outstanding player, while the Maxwell and the Walter Camp award recognizes the best player, and the Archie Griffin Award recognizes the most valuable player.

Maxwell Award (2016)

A joint panel of sportscasters, sportswriters, and National Collegiate Athletic Association head coaches and the membership of the Maxwell Football Club present this award annually to college football players as the best all-rounders in the United States. It is named after Robert "Tiny" Maxwell, a Swarthmore College football player, coach, and sportswriter.

Walter Camp Award (2016)

The collegiate American Football player of the year receives the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I FBS head coaches and sports information directors under the guidance of the Walter Camp Football Foundation. The namesake of the award is Walter Camp, an influential figure who contributed immensely in the development of the sport.

NFL Most Valuable Player (2019)

This award is given to an American football player who is considered the most valuable in the National Football League (NFL) during the regular season. The NFL MVP award is issued by the Associated Press (AP) and the Pro Football Writers of America (PFWA). The first award described as a most valuable player award was the Joe F. Carr Trophy, presented by the NFL from 1938 to 1946. Other organizations that previously issued an MVP include Sporting News, Newspaper Enterprise Association (NEA) and United Press International (UPI).

Lamar Jackson’s Ankle Injury

He endured an ankle injury which hindered his progress during his game season in 2022. His right ankle got hurt and so he was forced to play as a subsidiary in his last month so as not to put too much pressure on his foot. His ankle sprained in Cleveland and the Head Coach John Harbaugh along with everyone else was clueless when Lamar would return to the game. He was hit low by Browns rookie linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah while throwing a pass to Jackson who shifted to his right. The injured athlete was limping and so was immediately escorted off the field and to the locker room. Backup quarterback Tyler Huntley replaced Jackson and tried his best to fulfill the expectations of other Raven players and Harbaugh himself. Huntley finished the game 27-of-38 for 270 yards and one touchdown, but two fumbles.