Who Is Carter Reum? Everything You Need to Know

Do you know much about Carter Reum?

34

.

Do you know much about Carter Reum? You may know him as the venture capitalist, or you may know him for who his spouse is. Either way, he is someone worth learning about. Especially if you are an entrepreneur or investor.

Read on to learn everything you need to know about Carter Reum.

His Background

Before delving into the successful and impressive career of Carter Reum, it is necessary to understand where he got his start. Like many wildly successful business professionals, Reum started in the Ivy League.

Education

Reum attended Columbia University for his undergrad, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Business/Managerial Economics. However, he was not the only Reum to attend an Ivy League school. In fact, both his brother Courtney and his sister Halle received their degrees from the University in New York City. Upon graduating in 2003, Carter Reum moved on to have a very successful career.

Career

To say Carter Reum is a success is an understatement. This man took his undergrad and became one of the most prolific investors and venture capitalists in the country by pioneering the new wave of entrepreneurs. Here is a little more about his career and accomplishments.

VEEV

Reum’s first big career move took place when he was just 25. The creation of VEEV, a premium spirits company, launched his career with great success. VEEV went on to create the first liquor made in a large facility and the first of its kind to be made with the ingredient acai.

After a while, Reum became bored of the spirits industry and decided to sell VEEV to a beverage company Luxco in 2016. However, this was nowhere near the end of his career as a businessman.

M13

After selling VEEV, Carter and his brother Courtney decided to create an investment firm called M13. The name of this firm is inspired by the galaxy’s brightest cluster of stars, known as Messier 13, as a symbol of strength in numbers. The idea is that a group of stars can shine brighter together than on their own.

Upon starting this business, M13 wasted no time before syndicating over $100 million in investments in various startup businesses.

Shortcut Your Startup: 10 Ways to Speed Up Entrepreneurial Success

In 2018, Carter and Courtney published a book called Shortcut Your Startup: 10 Ways to Speed Up Entrepreneurial Success. Throughout this book, they discuss the success they have experienced through their company M13 as well as the lessons they learned from working with startups like Pinterest, Lyft, Warby Parker, Snapchat, Rothy’s, Daily Harvest, and many more.

The book guides young entrepreneurs on their journey and ultimately seeks to help them achieve success in their business ventures. But it was also purposed for something else. While the two brothers were writing their book, their father, W Robert Reum, passed away. They dedicated it to his memory.

Upon publication, the book became praised by the famous life coach and American author, Tony Robbins, as well as Arianna Huffington, the co-founder of Huffington Post. Needless to say, the book was revered for its accurate insights and professional teachings.

Appearances in Pop Culture

Due to his success, Carter Reum became more and more familiar with the public eye. In addition to being a writer for the Huffington Post Magazine, Reum has been a guest on major television platforms like CBS and FOX, as well as a reality show appearance on the show, Hatched. He truly has made quite the name for himself.

Personal Life

Now that you know about his professional life, it's time to get a little personal so that you can understand the real Carter Reum. Known by his full name, Carter Miliken Reum was born in Wayne, Illinois, on February 5th, 1981. His deceased father, W Robert Reum, was a well-known businessman who enjoyed pursuing philanthropic endeavors.

While many know Carter Reum as the co-founder of M13 and professional venture capitalist, many others know him because of his spouse. In early 2020, rumors began to spread that Reum and the famed socialite, Paris Hilton, were seeing each other. These rumors were put to rest when the couple announced their relationship on social media in April 2020. After about a year of dating, the couple got engaged and were officially married in early November 2021.

The Takeaway

Carter Reum is a very intelligent man. After graduating from the Ivy League school, Columbia University, he moved on to create the successful spirit company known as VEEV. Eventually, he became bored of that, sold it, and co-founded M13 with his brother, Courtney Reum. These two brothers change the game of startup businesses and venture capitalism. Well, the game was changing already. They just pioneered the new way to play it. Reum’s success is impressive, and he continues to amaze the business world with his ventures to this day. He is definitely someone to keep an eye on and learn from.