Who Are The White Noise?

Who Are The White Noise?

The band from LA and who are they exactly as people and their music

350
Who Are The White Noise?
Youtube

Hello everyone, with the success of the last article of 7 more bands that will make it big in 2017. Special thanks to Bad Seed Rising for spreading that article like wildfire on their Twitter and Facebook. I have decided to start something which hopefully you and the bands would like and it is called Who Are? This is basically a thing like every 2 to 3 weeks of bands that either have a growing fan base, new music, a band that should be listened more, or just good friends of mine. Without further a due lets begin this Who Are series.

The White Noise

Here's all of the Twitter handles and Instagram handles

The White Noise: Twitter: @TheWhiteNoiseLA Instagram:thewhitenoise

Shawn Walker: Twitter & Instagram: @fuckshawnwalker

Bailey Crego: Instagram:baileycrego Twitter: @Baileycrego

David Southern: Twitter & Instagram: @davidsouthern_

Tommy West: Twitter: @tommydwest Instagram: tommywest

Josh Strock: Twitter & Instagram: @joshstrock

The first band of this Who Are series, are my really good/close friends from Los Angeles The White Noise. Yes I did a big overview on them back when the first part of 2017 bands will breakout article. But these guys have been good friends to me for almost a year now and it makes sense to do this for them. The White Noise formed back in 2015 and slowly built up their status of being a band with their music on their YouTube page. The band consists of Shawn Walker, Bailey Crego, David Southern, Tommy West, and Josh "KJ" Strock. But how well do you know the guys actually?

Shawn Walker

Well lets just start with the psychopath of the group, Mr. Shawn Walker. Shawn is the lead vocalist and does the dirty vocals. Shawn is 26 but he look like 23-24 years old. Crazy enough me and him share the same birth month as I was born February 11th and Shawn Walker was born February 28th. Seems weird and all but it's pretty cool. One of Shawn's favorite songs is All star by Smashmouth. The reason that Shawn is a psychopath to me and to a lot of people because he's a lunatic and he kind of has a Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan vocalist) personality on stage with him taking stuff and hanging off thee raptors at venues and hitting Tommy's drums before songs. One thing Shawn likes to do is lick people and hump people. This doesn't exempt guys cause Shawn does this to males and females. Shawn was a big party person, but he has to limit himself now because of Shawn's medical conditions that out of respect for the guy I am not disclosing it to everyone sorry. But Shawn is one of the most awesome guys ever to meet but just be ready for horseplay from the guy.

Bailey Crego

Bailey Before his birthday

Bailey after his birthday

Next up is lead bassist now lead guitarist, Bailey Crego. Well Bailey is from Texas. Bailey is also a psychopath on stage but not as much as Shawn. Bailey has classified himself as Doomsday. First of all no not the Doomsday Superman's enemy who can smash you through the earth and back. Bailey calls himself Doomsday because whenever the band is running behind schedule or waiting on Tommy, Bailey goes insane and begins to be evil for quite sometime until he is relaxed. Bailey has the best past before a band ever in the world of mankind. Bailey used to be Crown the Empire's guitar technician before forming The White Noise. You know what this means is that Bailey is best friends with Crown the Empire especially Andy Leo. One thing people do not realize is after the Fresh Faces tour, Bailey smashed his first ever bass in the bands existence, I should know I was at the show when he demolished his first bass. Then on the bands tour with I See Stars, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk and Palaye Royale, the band had bought 4 basses throughout the entire tour because of Bailey smashing his basses or throwing them in the ground with pure anger. At the bands show out in Nevada, Bailey did something so insane that Tommy needed a new kick drum afterwards which Bailey threw his bass through Tommy's kick drum and walked off because it was the bands last song of their set. This may of brought the idea of Bailey being the guitarist now but I do not know. But Bailey is another great guy who enjoys everybody's presence and likes to party and if you go see The White Noise, buy Bailey the biggest bag of popcorn ever because it is his favorite thing to eat while being stoned ;).

David Southern

David and Shawn with their kid

Now comes guitarist/vocalist, to converted bassist/vocalist for The White Noise David Southern. David is also from Los Angeles, California. First of all yes that is his name and it is no making up on it. Second, David has gone through too many hair color changes to even count. David has gone to green, to blue, to black, and I do not even know what color his hair is now. David kind of the kid in thee group with Shawn cause these two will absolutely wrestle in a moving van on a busy highway. David has a reputation from his band-mates and it is a weird. The band-mates think that David smells like shit but David thinks he smells like roses and all of them smell like shit. Don't ask me because I know it is a joke and believe me I part take in the teasing to David about how he smells just it is too funny not to pass up. David is also a nice guy to meet just cause everything is great and weird when hanging out with David. Also, if you go to a show and sing the songs or part take in being crazy, after the show David will see you and tell you that he saw you going crazy or singing the songs.

Tommy West

Now comes the guy who smashes the snares and cymbals, Tommy West. Tommy is not known for crazy antics on stage, but somehow has the problem of drumming equipment sometimes. Tommy is a tall and sensitive guy so ladies I believe he is single. Tommy has a reputation in the group which he is a slow moving person. Takes time doing his hair, and brushing his teeth and everything else slowly. If you had to compare him to one Pokemon who would he be? Slowpoke or Slowbro. This horrible joke was brought to you by my sense of humor. Tommy is also known now as stealth because Tommy disappears in a flash of the light then reappears towards the end of the show. But all in all, Tommy is a nice guy who is usually down to drink with you at the bar that is only IF you can find the guy.

Josh Strock

Now is the other guitarist of the group, Josh Strock. Josh is another great guy to meet and usually he will drink with you at the bar as well. Josh has had success outside of the band as he helps bands with guitar playing in the studio. Such bands include Crown The Empire and Bad Seed Rising. Last time I saw Josh was about a year ago when I first met the guy. So me seeing him again is long overdue so Josh please stay on tour until after my New York City date or New Jersey date rather than leaving the tour a day or two before. Josh has a reputation given by Bailey is he is the angriest person on the band. Guess that means Josh does not play around when it comes to him being pissy. But once again Josh is also a nice guy to hangout with and grab a few drinks with.

Their Music

Once the band signed with Fearless Records, they had music videos for their first two songs as a band titled Red Eye Lids and Bloom. At the time, you could of gotten Red Eye Lids for free from the bands website while Bloom was purchasable through iTunes. Soon after the Fresh Faces tour, the band released their first ever EP titled Aren't You Glad? The ep included Bloom and Red Eye Lids on the track listing with 3 other songs that has gained more success. Then a few months later, the band released their music video for Picture Day which Polaroids were involved to point out the extent of Picture Day. The band 5 months ago had a live video come out for Cosmopolitan which is one of their heavier tracks on the EP. This year (2017) the band will be releasing their first ever full length album that is still not titled yet. No one knows the track listing on their album yet, but it has been speculated that once the album comes out, the band would not be performing Brainwashed anymore. This is because Brainwashed is the bands least favorite song to perform for some odd reason. But this year expect a brand new album with brand new songs and still the same lunatics on tour.

Revival of Hardcore-Punk?

For newcomers of The White Noise, some people do not know exactly what style the band plays. But if you ask me, the band is bringing back Hardcore-Punk with their smashing style of rock, punk, and hardcore. The band swings out hard hitting tones with melodic chorus to comprehend with the hard hitting vocals. With the guitar riffs and bass riffs representing a kind of punk style tone is also complimented with the hard hitting drum beats that gives the band their style of music. The guys also have their personalities that makes them look like a punk band because almost each song the band performs ends up in a mosh pit breaking out. The band has been classified as a hardcore-rock group, but I would classify them as either hardcore-rock or hardcore-punk group because the style of the music seems to fit the hardcore-punk style genre. That is just my opinion and you can decide yourself by listening to the band and supporting them.

Growing fan base

At the time when the band first formed, the bands fan base was a pretty small size as it consisted of friends and family. I should know because of the words of Shawn Walker "Dude, you've been with us since day one" this just implies that I know how the fan base was when the band first started out. I know and the guys can agree that their worse show ever was the 2015 Fresh Faces tour in Freehold, New Jersey because the crowd was limited to wanting to see Ice Nine Kills and Wage War rather than seeing The White Noise or My Enemies & I. But since that horrible show for them, the band's fan base has grown in a substantial amount all over the United States with their fan base hitting portions that the guys could only imagine. The fan base now is big and powerful as per show, the band nearly sells out of their merchandise and their ep's which is good for the band. The fan base is big enough now that their first full album could climb the iTunes rock chart to maybe the top 100 or the top 50.

So Who Are The White Noise? The White Noise was an underground band that got signed to one of the biggest record companies in North America. The band has proven to been the next thing in life with their fan base non-stop growing, their ideal way of bringing hardcore-punk back to the mainstream world. The guys also have quickly become almost every girls crush and I should know ask my girlfriend hahaha. Behold everyone and children at least 15 years of age, The White Noise! Clearly the next big thing to hit and join them now on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and come out to shows to possibly see me hanging out with them and help them sell merchandise.