Who I am vs. Who I want to be

Who I am vs. Who I want to be

This is Me

238
Who I am vs. Who I want to be
Trinity Coots

Who I am?

• Christ follower - My number one job in this world is to know my Heavenly Father and also make Him known. I would not be any of the following things if I did not have Jesus in my heart.
  • Daughter - I am a daughter; a daughter that has put my mom through heck, a daughter that requires “reminders” even though I am 20.
  • Sister - I am a baby sister and a big sister. My brother gets annoyed with me and tells me that I act like I'm 7 most of the time, but I cherish every moment that I am able to spend with him. I am an older sister which is one of my most favored roles. I have loved every minute of being a big sister.
  • Friend - I am a friend, not the best communicator when it comes to friendships, but I values the few friendships I have
  • Supporter - I am a HUGE supporter, I love showing appreciation and support for my friends that are pursuing a task or even some of the smallest events. I encourage and enjoy building others up.
  • Lover - I have an overflow of love in my heart. I am a lover of animals, children and my family. I also love and treasure the friendships I have or have had with guys. I show a lot more grace and love to a male in friend situations because I feel like I don't have to compete with them, and I learn a lot.
  • Babysitter - I’m the babysitter. I have been blessed by all the little kids that I have received the opportunity to watch or even nanny! TT loves all of her kiddos! I am TT to all the little kids I babysit.
  • College Student -I am the typical college student: broke, struggling and not liking the fact of “adulting”.
  • Single young adult - I am that single girl who has nothing but negative thoughts about the whole subject of ever finding an “earthly love.” By that I mean my outlook on the whole situation of finding someone is very hard for me. I am self conscious, and think very negative when I have a like for a guy. Why? Maybe because words are just something that come out of his mouth, they are very easy to say over text. When are they ever going to be proven? The moment that I feel words are getting proven is the moment that I will have hope in a relationship. I need words of conformation. I need words proven not just said.

Who I want to be?

• Wife - I want to be a wife that is on top of things; keeps the house clean, has supper ready, or at least started when my husband comes home from work! I want to be the wife that is open to talk about struggles that my husband might be having at work or just with day to day life! I want to be a wife full of love, support and understanding.
  • Mother - I want to be the mother that has the biggest heart and understanding for all things that might happen. I want to be a mother where other moms look at my kids and wonder how they are so well behaved. I want to be the mother that also encourages other mothers and has play dates for the kids and mommy meetings with other mommies to discuss what has been going on and work through situations that we might find ourselves in. Work through the tough moments with Godly mommies trying to raise our kids in the right way.
  • Children’s Minister - I want to be the children’s minister that makes the children love coming to church to learn about God. The one who dedicates my passion and love to do my best. I want to be the children’s minister that the parents talk to other parents about and send their child to experience my God given talent of loving on the kids while also showing them that the love I portray comes from my heavenly Father.
  • Missionary - I want to be a missionary in the areas God has planned for me. It could be overseas or just in the community that I live in. There is always the option you lean toward; mine happens to be the missionary overseas. With that comes a lot of bravery, commitment and emotion. Wherever and whatever God has in store for me in the sense of a missionary, I am willing to take on the challenge.

All of these I am but also want to be are very special to my heart. My relationship and understanding of my Heavenly Father increases every day, through experiences, situations and spending time in his word.