Wow, It Must Be So Hard To Be A White Conservative Christian
Politics

I can only imagine the trials you face daily.

583
Red Alert Politics

I come from a small town, where the vast majority of people are white, conservative, and Christian. These people all hold the same ideals, and it's no surprise to me when I get on Facebook and see them sharing a particular type of article. These articles are written by young adults my age and are typically written on Odyssey or another similar website. These articles all have the same theme: how hard it is to be a white, conservative Christian.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to be you. I mean really, you must face some serious trials and tribulations. It must be so hard to be a member of the most predominant race in America. And I'm sure that it's a struggle to be a conservative when a conservative Republican is running the country. And let's not forget how hard it is to be Christian! I can only imagine what terrible trials and tribulations you face as a practitioner of the world's most predominant religion! It must be just awful. I can only imagine the oppression you face daily.

I can only imagine what it's like to walk down the street, stricken with absolute fear that you might be verbally or physically abused because of your porcelain skin. I imagine that it's terribly hard to admit that you're a Christian to others (even though there's a 62% chance that the person you're talking to affiliates themselves with your religion or a branch of it).

Let's not forget how hard it is to be conservative in Trump's America. I feel so bad for you. My heart breaks because of how hard you have it here. You probably can't even voice your political opinion. So tragic.

Does this sound ridiculous to you?

It should. You don't face oppression in America because you're white, and you definitely won't feel oppressed because you're conservative. Not to mention that it's literally impossible for you to be oppressed as a Christian; it is, in fact, the world's most predominant religion (followed by Islam and Catholicism).

I think it's ironic when conservatives say liberals are overly-sensitive and whine all the time, and then I come across an article like that. You'll be fine for the next four years for sure, so just shut up and enjoy your little ride on the Trump train straight into the gutter. As for me and mine, we'll keep fighting for what we know is right regardless of what you think.