Where Will LeBron James Play Next Season?

I think that by this point, everyone knows that LeBron James will be leaving Cleveland after this season.

229
Wikipedia

I think that by this point, everyone knows that LeBron James will be leaving Cleveland after this season. Even though he is the best player in the world, it looks like the Cavaliers have too many problems for James to deal with on his own. After starting the season 23-8, the Cavaliers are now 29-20, and they are third in the eastern conference. Not only is the team ranked 26th in points allowed and 28th in shooting defense, the team is clearly having issues on and off the court. Point-guard Isaiah Thomas is having chemistry issues with the team, Kevin Love is also having chemistry problems with his teammates, and now Love has a broken hand and will miss up to 6-8 weeks. Love is averaging 18 points per game this season, so his presence on the court will definitely be missed by the Cavaliers. At this point, it is clear that the Cavaliers are not winning a title this year, so the only thing left to discuss is this: where will LeBron James be playing next season?

Obviously, he could play wherever he wants to play since he is the best player in the world, but if he wants to win more championships, there are only a few NBA teams that James should consider. One team that he should think about is the Houston Rockets.Imagine if James went to Houston. He would be playing with Chris Paul and James Harden. Personally, I think that this team would already be better than the Warriors, simply because if LeBron James is playing with two other superstars, this would make the game so much easier for him. Rather than exhausting himself in the regular season, James could save most of his strength for the playoffs. And since James will be 34 years-old next year, it would be beneficial for him to go to a team where he does not have to carry the load all the time.

The other team that I could see James going to is the San Antonio Spurs. If James went to the Spurs, he would finally be playing for a team that actually has a legendary coach in Gregg Popovich. If there is one coach in the NBA that has the potential to make LeBron James even better than he already is (which is crazy to think about) it is Popovich. And if Kawhi Leonard finally gets healthy and is playing alongside LeBron James, that could potentially be the best duo in the NBA. Would this team be better than the Warriors? I do not have the answer to this question. However, it would definitely be very competitive.

The third and final team I could see LeBron James going to is the Los Angeles Lakers. Now before you stop reading this article because you think that I am crazy, let me explain why this could potentially be a good move. Because Magic Johnson is the president of basketball operations for the Lakers, I trust in Johnson to be able to bring top talent to Los Angeles. If James expresses interest in the team, I guarantee that other stars will consider going there as well. With Magic Johnson and Lebron James, the Lakers would definitely be able to secure more talent to play alongside James. In fact, if the Lakers want to have any chance of winning an NBA title with James then they will have to bring in more talent because the current roster would never win a title even with LeBron James on the roster.

It will be interesting to see where the best player in the world goes to play basketball next season, but for now, we are stuck watching his Cleveland Cavaliers continue to disappoint NBA fans everywhere.