Where The Gilmore Girls Would Eat If They Lived In Athens, OH

And more importantly where they would get their coffee.

21
etonline.com

As the "Gilmore Girls" revival is just days away from coming to Netflix, all true fans of the show have been arguing over which “team” they’re on (#TeamJess, #TeamDean, #TeamLogan). The small segments of videos, photos posted by the cast and endless articles about the revival have left much up to debate, and we’re all in suspense. But there are tidbits of information that we all know to be true: They both still need their coffee with their oxygen, and their diets still call for ample amounts of junk food that would cause any normal person to gain a hundred pounds. So if Rory and Lorelei lived in Athens, this is a navigation guide as to where we could find them dining and drinking coffee on a regular basis:

1. USD

Although nothing can compare to Luke’s, the dynamic duo would have to find a replacement for their favorite diner. And what better way than to replace it with the best diner in Athens? They serve coffee and all of the brunch essentials.

2. Donkey Coffee

Donkey has the absolute best coffee known to Athens. Unfortunately, there’s no diner effect that offers endless fries and pancakes, but both Gilmore girls have a special appreciation for an exceptional cup of joe. It’s almost as if their lives depend on it.

3. Bagel Street

Bagel Street has a lot to offer the Gilmores. They have everything from plain bagels to dessert bagels to bagels loaded up with meat and everything in between. Obviously Bagel Street wouldn't suffice as a full meal in the Gilmore household, but it could be a nice snack to pick up on the way to the Dragonfly Inn.

4. O’Betty’s

We can’t forget hotdogs, and no one has better Athens hotdogs than O’Betty’s. While both women could go for a plain jane hot dog, something says they’d both be down for some chili and even coleslaw smothered on top.

5. Court Street Coffee

This is the perfect stop for a cup of coffee before a long day of dreaded shopping. It's uptown and can be easily on the way.

6. China King

Chinese food is not a good enough meal by itself for either Gilmore, but it's a vital dish for ordering out. While there are other Chinese food restaurants in Athens, China King provides the most variety.

7. Courtside Pizza

Grease. Chinese can not stand alone. Thus, some "slice night" pizza will go well with China King carry out.

8. Nelson and Shively dining halls

While Nelson offers more variety, which is clearly a Gilmore essential, Shively has more greasy food. Boyd is clearly too healthy and there's no pizza or fries, so what's the point?

9. The Cider House

This isn’t the typical Rory, Lorelei duo hotspot. It’s a little too expensive and sophisticated but would be a good alternative to the diner life if Emily were to drop by for a surprise visit. Younger adults living in Athens don’t frequent the Cider House, but it’s nice to take parents to when they’re in town. Emily would most likely find something wrong with the upscale restaurant but she’ll get over it.

We're all ready for the revival and can't get enough of these 30 second Facebook teasers. So make sure to grab some Gilmore girls essentials — pizza, Chinese, hot dogs and throw in some tater tots (they're organic) — and get ready to celebrate, or cry, depending on which #boyfriendteam you belong to. Happy Gilmore Girls watching!