Dont sign it

Yes, there is a petition out there to kick Trump out. No, you should not sign it.

-Not a Trump Supporter

A few hours ago, I planned on writing an article the exact opposite of what I am writing now. THERE'S A PETITION TO KICK OUT TRUMP. WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE. WE CAN HAVE CLINTON AS PRESIDENT.

I was going to discuss the loophole that deals with the electoral college and popular vote, how there was a chance Clinton could be elected as our President. I was going to research all the technicalities and explain how We The {better} People can fix this election. I was going to insult our new President-elect and talk about how he is unfit to be leader, how he is going to bring chaos to this country.

But then I saw this and realized how hypocritical I was being.

And I know all the awful things Trump has said. As a proud American woman raised by hardworking immigrant parents, I can tell you that it hurts. But what happened to Mrs. Michelle Obama's powerful words?

When they go low, we go high.

I think we are confusing courage and strength. Anyone can go around and make a ruckus. Anyone can chant "F**** Donald Trump." Anyone can use violence to show their "strength" and anyone can justify all this with "we want our voices heard". We see this ideology too often. We don't win and our automatic instinct is to do absolutely anything to change the outcome. We say "the other side had an advantage". We think we deserve to win. We feel entitled because we think that our voice is stronger, better, or smarter than the opposing. In our future president's words, "The system is rigged." (Ironic I know).

But don't you see Liberals? Our voice was heard and it was outvoted. There is nothing to fix.

You know what's courageous? Facing the fact our vote was outnumbered, accepting the result, and focusing on staying positive and united. And we need to stop thinking of this as a lose because when we do we are separating American citizens into those that "won" and those that "lost". Our election can never be a lose because that's the great thing about America, We the People, all the people, have the power to pick the representatives of our country. And since when did the representative we voted for become completely synonymous with our views and opinions? Do you really think that all voters for Trump are a complete copy of him? No! So why are we painting this brush of "racist, homophobic, and sexist" on all Trump supporters. These aren't your enemies. These are our neighbors. And until you see Jeremy as the guy that lent you his lawnmower and not a horrible Trump supporter will we ever be able to be united as one again.

We are lucky to live in a country where We The People can pick the President. And Clinton supporters, our number was outvoted. This doesn't mean we backlash, throw fits, and find some sneaky way to change the votes. No, it means we remain optimistic in America's future and wish the best for our great nation. Remember Trump isn't the one and only in our democracy. This is why we have checks and balances, so that no one group or individual has all the power.

And maybe "draining out the swamp" of favoritism, lobbyists, and elite politicans will do the American people some good.

We The People need to be united because that is the only way that we can -not survive- but thrive. I urge you Clinton supporters not to show strength but be courageous. I hope that we will not go low but high.