The 9 Realities Of Being 20, When Your Other Half Turns 21

They're your other half, but now they have a whole new world open to them that you legally can't be apart of.

55

Being 20 has to be the worst age. Its the 15 to your 16. You're almost there but still far away.

​1 . When did you become the baby in the group

Everyone around you just got a whole new level of sophistication( and a lil sloppy) all over them. And here you are, still standing with pigtails and a lollipop. The feeling of being a minor is more prominent that ever.

2. But then in your “younger” friendship crowed you are the babysiter

Soon after the usual "So this 27 year bought me a drink last night and then we …" talk starts to get common. You also find yourself hanging out more with older and lets be realistic, more "real" adults who are in the working class industry. However, when you hang out with everyone younger, you find self meeting, "Hey, so I'm Chad. I major in beer pong and...whats your snap." As your friends are all meeting businessmen on conference trips. Also, you start to realize everyone is just a crazy freshman drunk around you. And if you do attempt to meet a guy he is most likely a just out of puberty 18 year old, who thinks, offering you a Cool Light beer is the best version of a move. Yawn.

3. You either find yourself lonely in the corner of a Frat party, or eating pizza alone on a Friday night.

But let's be real. You have to have SOME sort of social life. You can't just put your life on hold, because your best friend is 21. So, your options become pretty limited. You either can spend it sweaty every pound you have every gained at a stuffy frat party. Or, become a cat woman for the next several months spending your friday nights at home on the couch,watching Shameless reruns and eating Domino's pizza.

​4. Every funny story starts with, "So last night at dollars…"

Okay...we get it. You used to be able to part of your best friends every crazy night adventure. Now you are stuck listening to the same story.

5. I will have a glass of…...non-alcoholic water please

Hmm maybe if I put this extra layer of eye shadow the waiter will think that I am 21 like everyone else in the group. "So, I actually forgot my ID in the car…" Yeah, that could work. But let's be real, it will be around of Maghartias and a virgin water please.

6.  Saying, "I'm not trying to be anti-social, I'm just being 20"

Why does every invite have to involve going to a bar. Like come on, has anyone heard of just kicking it back at home on a Thursday night. I have cards against humanity, this can get crazy. Anyone? Yeah, that what I was thinking.

7. Having your best friend to take you to the bars

So, I guess it's not all bad. At least you have all your friends on your side to take you to the bars on your 21st. Sometimes, having to wait is worth it. Cause you get to experience it with everyone you care about. The earliest bird gets the worm, but the first worm out gets eaten first.

8. "Pss..here have a sip"

You no longer have to go through a whole phone list of numbers or asking your friend to have their Big pick you up a 30 pack. You just have to walk across the room and bang on your best friends door.

9. I'm still a kid, really

Realizing you're still 20 and don't have the booming reality of being 21 and having to get your life in order.