11 Harsh Realizations You Have When You Try Playing God
Religion

We've all been there where we put our plan above God's and it never ends in a positive light.

70
Valerie Castrejon

Let's face it, we've all been there when you think that you know what's best for you and that the only plan that matters is the one in your head. But as you try to live your life simply by your plan, you have these simple realizations of why you can't be your own God.

Recently, I played my hand at life instead of letting God play his hand and I ended up regretting it. That's when God sat me down and made me realize the areas in my life where I had missed Him and how he could have made my life a lot easier if I had only trusted in Him.

How much you relied on Him 

Those nights when you don't want to talk to anyone? Or even be around anyone? Remember how he would always be there even if you didn't reach out to him — there was some sort of comfort level knowing that he was always right there.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." — Proverbs 3:5

How fiercely He protected you

Let me throw this image at you that's been circling Facebook — Jesus standing in front of a shrinking human with his arms stretched wide to block the rocks that are being thrown at the tiny human behind him. There are only a couple rocks that get by him and hit the shrinking human but nothing fatal.

Now picture this — while you're playing God, there is no Jesus standing there and it's been hailing boulders ever since you thought your plan was better than His.

While you play God, you realize how much God protected you from every "rock" that life throws at you.

"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." — Exodus 14:14

There is no other like Him 

Self-Explanatory. If you need reminding, just listen to "How Great Is Our God"

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." — Philippians 4:13

No one can love you like He does 

When you look at yourself and feel your ugliest, who still loves you? He does. When you burn all your bridges, who still remains? He does.

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." — Romans 8:38-39

There is no Goodness without God 

God created everything, the heavens, the earth, the water, the oceans, but most importantly, he created you. So, while you play God, ask yourself, "What have I created?"

"For by him all things were created, in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." — Colossians 1:16-17

You are nothing in this world without Him 

What is a person without a purpose? Without a plan? Exactly — nothing. So, the next time you want to ditch His plan, think about your "plan" and if it's actually going to get you anywhere.

Spoiler Alert — it's not

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." — Philippians 4:19

Even better, this world is nothing without Him 

Like I said before, He created the heavens and the earth, the oceans and the deserts. All of that crumbles if you remove Him from the equation.

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." — John 3:17

His plan is the Only plan 

Your vision board means nothing if it is not centered around Him. The slightest breeze will crumble your plan in a heartbeat because if He is not at the Roots, then your tree of life will fall.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." — Jeremiah 29:11

No one forgives like He does 

God forgives and forgets over and over again. We are his children and even though our human parents are amazing, there comes a time when you just need His forgiveness.

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." — Ephesians 4:31-32

You Are Weak 

Go back to the image of Jesus shielding the human from the rock shower. While you're playing God, those raining boulders leave their mark and guess what? You are not the ultimate healer.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." — Deuteronomy 31:6

Satan's foothold gets stronger 

Without God, who can get ahold of you easier? Satan. And who is stronger — A human playing God or Satan? Unfortunately, Satan is stronger which means while you are playing God, you are allowing Satan's foothold to slowly get stronger and stronger.

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." — Psalm 118:8