If/When You Do This, I Don't Like It...AT ALL

We're friends, but we aren't even that close so excuse you.

148

I have had a few interactions with some people of late and I just feel like having a little rant. I will not be naming anyone, but if they read this and recognize this then maybe they will learn something. It's not that I do not like them as people however they do need to really think about how they choose to talk to someone who they think they know. That's not to say that as friends they do not know me. They know me up to a certain point. That's it. I know other people better than I do them and those same people know me better than these people who think they know me. Does that make sense? I hope it does. Either way I'm going ahead and if you have a problem by the end of this, tough. This is my response and how some of what was said to me made me feel. This is not me fishing for a response either. I am simply putting it out there that this sort of thing does not fly with me.

First off, claiming that I am full of shit when I simply don't have anything to say in a conversation. Um...excuse you for that comment. Just because I do not have anything to say does not mean I am harboring something. Where do you get off on saying that I am full of shit when you barely know me??? Are you an authority on me and my personal life??? No! That's what I thought. Following that comment up with a bit about being able to read body language does nothing to make it any better. It tells me that you think you know it all better or that you think you know me when I know you don't. We are friends, but we aren't that close. Literally someone I met a month ago, and who lives in another country, knows me better than you at this point. You don't get to say this sort of thing and believe that it doesn't have an effect on me. It tells me that you think I am just like anybody else and that I have to act a certain way for you. Sorry, but that isn't happening anytime soon. Get off your high horse and just accept that I don't always have something to say.

Another comment that will never cease to bother me is the one regarding whether or not I look tired. I am fully aware that I look tired. Here's a little secret: I AM TIRED. Am I complaining about it? No. Just because I look more tired than usual is no cause for concern. I am a full-time student just like you. You ought to know that I am going to be tired. Like jeez I didn't know you were the sleep police or something. Also, just because I am not bouncing in my seat every class while the professor lectures about something does not automatically mean that there is anything going on in my personal life. If there is it isn't any concern of yours anyways. We aren't even that close that I would tell you. You are also not entitled to what goes on in my life just because you don't think I am acting "normal". Some things I am more enthusiastic about than others. And I know you care and that's why you are saying these things, but honestly, mind your own.

Before I get to people asking about me through others I want to talk about when someone makes an assumption. Listen, just because I get emotional over a film does not mean I am in that state for a whole fucking week. I feel deeply okay? Can you understand that? Don't think that when I cry over a film that means that I am going to cry about it forever. Furthermore, don't ask if I am still crying about it a week after thinking that's funny. It's not. It's stupid. Especially when I let you know that I cry about other things and your response is to immediately ask what I have cried about recently. Again, where do you get off at asking about that sort of thing??? It is none of your concern. We are friends, but we aren't close. I am not just going to spill my heart out to you, especially when it's taken you forever to literally address me by name.

Okay, now to when people ask about me to others. I mean really??? You can't muster the confidence to ask me yourself? Instead you would rather ask someone else about me?? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. If talking to me is such an issue then you need to deal with that. Don't think that you're going to be able to wheedle out information about me from a secondary source when talking to me is the best way to get to know me. Literally all this tells me is that you aren't genuine. That's how I read it. Don't like it? Come talk to me then.

Oh, and before I forget. When you see me and want to talk use my name. Don't use anything else. What's so hard about two syllables? What's so hard about actually recognizing that I am indeed a person?? I don't call you anything else other than your name, so why can't you do me the same courtesy??? If you'd rather I not use your name and instead get creative like you seem to think is more appropriate I am more than happy to. Just know that I won't be using anything nice. Not using my name makes me feel like you seem to think I am not worthy of the same respect that I give you. Using my name isn't that hard of a thing to do. I use yours so you can use mine. Simple as that.

There, I think I have said all that I wanted to. Again, if you're reading this and recognize any of these instances, feel free to talk to me. I am not expecting an apology, no. I just want you to know that this shit doesn't fly with me. We might be friends, but we are not close friends. You don't know me well enough to do these things and expect me to be okay with them. If you think you are entitled to this sort of behavior then you can get fucked and away from me. Don't like it? Tough.