When You Lose Motivation

When You Lose Motivation

It's about midterm season y'all.

132
When You Lose Motivation
FOX

It's that point in the semester where midterms start piling up and your life starts crumbling down. I sat down to write this and realized that I was plain out of ideas and creativity. But I already struggle in the creativity part, if that says anything.

It's that point where you're so invested in academics and remembering the names of all of the muscles in the human body or presidents in the U.S. that you don't have time to think of anything else.

We're all procrastinators, and its about that time that we start procrastinating. Professors pile on homework and papers and then tell you that there is an exam next week. You invest yourself in your schoolwork so much that you forget to eat dinner, or you lose motivation to do the things you love.

So, if you're feeling down and overwhelmed and inspirationless, here are a few ideas to get you going again.

1. Put down the schoolwork!

You're not going to remember anything anyways if you starve yourself of sleep trying to compile useless information in your head. Put it down for a little bit.

2. Sleep, sleep, sleep

Sleep is so so important (and something we all love). Take a nap, sleep for 10 hours instead of 8. I don't know, just make yourself feel restful again.

3. Go outside

Unless it's like -3 degrees of course. In that case, stay in and get cozy under a blanket with your favorite movie. But if it's nice, go outside. Take your dog for a walk, go on a hike, take in the fresh air.

4. Put on a face mask.

Face masks don't discriminate against gender. Male or female, they save your life.

5. Grab a cup of coffee with your best friend.

Coffee is always a good idea and chances are, you've been blowing off your friends to study. Go get a cup with them, catch up, rejuvenate yourself.

6. Do what you love.

Whether that's running or playing video games or doing makeup, doing what you love will make you more positive.

7. Seek inspiration.

It's everywhere. Think about what lies ahead, or look to someone successful. You can find inspiration in almost anything.

And stop stressing! As long as you pass, you're fine. Just try your hardest and don't overwhelm yourself with useless information that professors force you to acquire.