The Truth About Letting Someone You Love Go
relationships

When You Let A Love Go

Believing in magic is like believing in love.

742
When You Let A Love Go

Love comes in our lives in ways we least expect it.

Rarely when we seek it out, look for it around the corner of a party or a crowded bar, does it appear.

Just a magic trick, it has a way of disappearing like the speed of light and unexpectedly.

You find your thoughts trailing off thinking about love when you walk down the street, hearing a laugh ring in your ears or seeing a lazy, sleepy smile look up at you in your memories. Memories fade, but they also return when you think you've lost them forever. They come back to you, in a song on the radio, or with a smell that is so recognizable, it takes you to a time or place again.

But just like magic, a love can disappear then reappear, without warning.

But the magic never explains what happens when you let the love go? Where does the love go? Does it eventually disappear forever, never coming back, going into the endless black hole lost forever? Or perhaps the little lights of love continue to go off randomly, like lightning bugs on a summer night.

Sometimes love comes in a wave that is so big, it swallows you whole. The current pulls you under and takes your last breath away. While other times, it comes like tiny ripples, easing its way in. Every so often we want or wish for a love so intense that the biggest wave in the ocean could overthrow it. Is that always safe though? Sometimes it's easiest to go with the current than against it.

If love is similar to magic, you know, they say, magicians never share their secrets. Is it a secret, to keep the magic of the love in your pocket and save it for days you need a little bit that day? Or do you tell yourself the magic was a figment of your imagination? It was it all just tricks, and who knows what's real and what isn't, but in the end, no matter what we tell ourselves, we all want to believe in magic.