5 Things That Happen When You Learn To Love Yourself

You're happier than you've ever been

18
Brian Mchugh

So many beautiful things happen when you finally open your stubborn heart and learn to love yourself.

1. You accept your flaws and imperfections.

You'll find bruises aren't worth beating yourself up and put-downs won't ever lift you higher. You are you for a reason, quirks and mistakes and all. Adore who you are, what you've got, where you're at, and none of that minuscule nonsense will matter.

2. Your confidence raises through the roof.

Now that you've realized how amazing you are, nothing can stop you. No fear, no intimidation. You are self-assured in your actions here on out, and damn proud of them. Good for you, honestly. Not many people are considered to be this brave.

3. You stop feeling incomplete.

The search for more is put to rest. Because you are whole on your own. You fulfill yourself more than another human could. They'd just be an added bonus to your awesomeness.

4. You're ready to love another, the right way.

They say you must truly love yourself before properly loving another. And that's quite true. Insecurities destroy relationships. Appropriate self-love strengthens them.

5. You're happier than you've ever been.

After all, self-love is defined as regard for one's own well-being and happiness. And you found just that. Pure bliss at the end of your fingertips, without another hand to hold. Congrats on finally giving yourself the love you deserve from within.