When You Have To Write Papers While Under Self-Quarantine

Self-Quarantine doesn't mean sleeping, eating, and Netflix.

28

We've been self-quarantining for weeks now. And I'm sure most of you have the luxury of being able to just watch Too Hot To Handle on Netflix and ordering food from delivery apps.

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. Like many other people, I still have school. Which means I have to take finals right now. And I am an English major, which means instead of just taking a take home test, I have to write a bunch of long papers. For four classes.

I have had to write a project proposal, complete with literature review, for my media class. I had to write a research paper based on writing spaces, yeah I know, it's weird, and then write an op-ed based on the research paper, for one of my English classes. I have a ten page paper on propaganda, which counts a lot since my professor didn't give us a lot of assignments. Lastly, I have an analysis paper on three different advertisements.

Now this would be difficult if I was back on campus. But it's extremely difficult to do this being at home, when I all I want to do is lounge in sweats. It's also difficult when everyone on the Internet is doing that.

When I go home, I just want to do nothing. I associate that space with relaxation, not work. I've nearly forgotten to go to a Zoom meeting or submit something before. That's how disconnected I am from school.

And it doesn't help that I am trying to not freak out about this pandemic, and school is just adding more stress to it. I feel like I would have it easier if I just had a test to do. Especially since most of these tests will likely be open book.

I've gotten three of my classes done, and I am trying to finish the ten page paper without losing it. Pray for me.