When You Give A Girl A Nonbiological Sister

No matter what happens in this life, you'll always be my sister.

28
Kenzie Williams

To my nonbiological sister,

You have been in my life for the past seven years. You have guided me through my first heartbreak, the bullying incidents that I went through and overall, you have made me laugh more than anyone else could've.

I can still remember one of the very first times that I met you. I told you about how I liked your hair and I kept asking if you were dating my brother yet. I was ten years old and I had already figured out that you were going to be in my life forever. At times, I wonder if God put you into our lives for my brother, or to give me one thing that I have always wanted: a sister.

We have so many memories together that I could never forget. Anytime someone hurt me, you were there and ready to fight, but you were also there with a bag of popcorn, Netflix and your shoulder to cry on. When we first met, you thought I was annoying and you yelled at me sometimes, but what we have become since those days is amazing. I wouldn't trade you for the world. You have been my best friend for seven years and the only person there for me when nobody else was. I am so thankful that God put you into my life because if it weren't for you and everything you have taught me, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

The biggest thing that I will always be thankful for is the fact that you have taught me to have a faith that is stronger than life itself. You have always said if you put God in the center of any relationship, it is bound to last. I have thought about that saying for years, and I have noticed that it is completely true. Anytime I lose sight of my faith, you are right there to make me believe again. Making me center my relationships around God is the greatest lesson you could have ever taught me.

When I try to put words together to explain what you meant to me, I just can not seem to do it, because no amount of words could ever explain that. If I ever need anything, I know that I can call you. I know that you will be on the other side of that phone listening to me rant for hours and vice versa.

Because of you, I believe that I will always have someone by my side. I will always have someone who is going to make me laugh until I cry. You have made me believe that there are genuine people all throughout this world. I believe that God brings everyone into our lives for a reason. When people say, "Everything happens for a reason," they are all so true. You have changed my life forever and I could never imagine my life without you.

Finally, I really want to tell you how thankful I am for you. Everything you do doesn't go unnoticed. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it weren't for you and everything you have taught me. In the past seven years, you have become the biggest blessing in my life and I don't have any idea what I would do without you Thank you for being my nonbiological sister, for sticking with my brother even though he can be a handful, for making me laugh until we cry all the time and most of all, thank you for being you.

One last thing: no matter what happens in this life, you'll always be my sister.

P.S. I Love you, tat.

Love,

Your unbiological sister.