When You Don't Have The Words To Say

When You Don't Have The Words To Say

Use analogies to understand life.

18
When You Don't Have The Words To Say
Sarah Brooks

The sunset was gorgeous tonight.

I only got to see parts of it through reflections in glass; through shadows on the building; through slivers of windows that barely allowed me to see the sunset. I was stuck inside at work and didn't get to see the full sunset until break, when the sun had already set.

But just because I didn't get to witness the whole thing, doesn't mean that the sunset wasn't gorgeous.

Life is like that, sometimes.

You know that life is good. You know that things are going well by your intuition, by feedback you receive from others, from taking a look in the mirror and seeing yourself for who you are. And when you get to the end of the day, sometimes you miss the big picture. Sometimes you don't get to see all the good. Sometimes, you are sidetracked by negative energy and thoughts.

But, at the end of the day, you get a glimpse of what you've accomplished, and you know that through it all, it was good.

Some days you don't have the words to say to describe how your day was or how your week went or how life in general is; you don't always have to see the full picture. You don't need to have the words to say to describe how it's going. You don't have to know everything.

All the colors of life mix together and form something beautiful, through the good and the bad.

You can catch glimpses of what you're doing in the present moment, and then take a look back to see what you have accomplished over time. You can use metaphors and analogies to understand life. You just need to know that you are creating a beautiful sunset. Some days you are able to see the full sunset and take in the view, but some days all you will glimpse is the shadows reflecting off a nearby building.

Life moves on. Tomorrow is a new day, and a new chance to create a new sunset.

But at the end of today, it is good.