When The Tree Goes Down

When The Tree Goes Down

How can you continue to spread the Christmas cheer?

12
When The Tree Goes Down
WallpapersCraft

Another Christmas has come and gone. I cannot believe how fast time seems to be going lately. I feel like it is still summer time, and I am waiting for school to start. This week consists of decorations being taken down and put away for next year, children playing with their new toys that they unwrapped, people heading back to work after a busy and family-filled Christmas weekend, and Santa retreating back to the North Pole to work on gifts for next year.

The past few years I have found it harder and harder to accept the ending of the holiday season. It is such a wonderful time of year, that I don't want to say goodbye so fast. This season is always so great because everyone seems to be so genuinely happy. It is hard not to smile when you are surrounded by people you love.

The general warmth I feel during this time seems to fade as soon as the tree goes down. It feels as if the month of December is perfect, and once the New Year rolls around it is time to go back to the mundane routine of everyday life. I don’t know if this is relatable to anyone else, but I have thought of some ways to continue to spread the Christmas cheer all throughout the year. These are some simple ways to continue feeling happy and not bogged down by the negativity this world so happily provides.

1. Be kind to everyone.

This sounds so easy to type, but it is so hard to actually do. The truth is, everyone is going through something that we are not aware of. If we ever want to have a nation that is in harmony again we need to start by being nice to one another. So, buy someone’s coffee in the morning, park straight instead of taking up two spots, and maybe cut down the mouthing off to your parents to once a week instead of two.

2. Take every opportunity.

While this may not seem like a way to spread Christmas cheer, it really is. Seizing new opportunities and adventures could bring so much happiness to your life. The warmth and excitement you feel about Christmas could be the same feeling you get about a change of jobs or a new relationship. Travel, go skydiving, get a mohawk. These are all ways to seize the day.

3. Seek good company.

The holiday season is best spent with loved ones. If this past Christmas time was not the best, start weeding out the people who are not making your life better. Find people who are going to constantly motivate you to be a better person. Nothing is better than being surrounded by people who share similar values to you.

4. Have some “me” time.

While the holidays are spent getting gifts for others and making sure those around you are happy, make sure to spend some time reflecting on what you truly want in life. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself to the ultimate gift; doing whatever makes you happy.

Good luck in the New Year!