When Mom Comes To Visit

When Mom Comes To Visit

Clean yo life!
54

I've learned so much at college since moving in last semester, not the least of these is how to make your life look presentable when your mom comes to visit on somewhat sudden notice. Mom, if you're reading this and you still want to think that I have my life together and am doing good, Stop Reading Now.

When Mom comes to visit, there are a few aspects of your life that you need to get together visibly, other things you can hide on the inside, like how much homework you've managed to put off in the past 72 hours. However, the thing that probably needs the most attention, and will tell your mom the most about your habits is your room.

Your bed is a tangle of comfy blankets that are contoured perfectly to your body in the position you woke up in, and fall back into after your classes for the day. Make it. Smooth the sheets, pull up your comforter and beat your pillows until they look squishy and inviting to someone other than you.Your laundry is probably overflowing into no man's land, annoying both you and your roommate. Just do it. The laundry room may be 5 floors below you, and your building might not have an elevator, but just. Do. It. Some of you might actually use your desk to do work. It might be a clean sanctuary that holds paper clips, your stapler, and your laptop cord plugged in just waiting for you to need it. Or, you could be like me, and there might be makeup scattered on the desk, bobby pins scattered all over the desk and surrounding area, and Oh crap you left your flat iron turned on all day again.Make it look like the home for studious habits. Do yourself a favor. Don't stuff everything in the closet, or under the bed. If your mom is like mine, she'll look there. Throw away the evidence of midnight ramen, and all of the hershwy kiss wrappers from your study session (although let's face it, my mom knows I'm a hershey kiss junkie; she's my dealer.)

Love yourself, and your mom, and clean your room, the rest of your life (might) follow.