When I Knew I Moved On

When I Knew I Moved On

I was finally happy.

12
When I Knew I Moved On
Alamy.com

Heartbreaks...we've all had them. Loving someone who loves you just as much is the most amazing thing that can happen. Love is something you should never regret. After getting my heart broken by boys I thought would never hurt me, I've learned a thing or two. Most importantly, I learned the difference between wanting company versus actually being genuinely happy with someone else.

Recently I had one of those difficult heartbreaks. Everything he once told me was now a lie because he had done everything he said he wouldn't. I tried to hide my feelings, but I cried for days which turned into weeks. I began searching for someone...so I thought. At this point I wanted company, but I knew I wouldn't be happy. I was only searching for someone to fill that void.

Then, while looking for nothing, I found something. I no longer thought about the man who hurt me. I no longer thought about the memories or cried myself to sleep. I figured out I was happy. Not because I had company, but because someone made me feel wanted and cared about me. Everyone said, "It's too soon. You're doing this because you're lonely." False. I knew how soon it was and I know how it looked, but I was happy. This was the happiest I've been since my heartbreak. Looking at someone in the eyes and feeling happy is how I knew I moved on. I'm no longer thinking about that one man, the memories, or stalking all social media (girls, don't deny, we all do it).

Those are signs that you have moved on.

Love is an amazing thing. Don't ever regret once loving someone just because they hurt you. but be strong enough to move on and find happiness in someone else. Just know you're strong enough to get through this. You will find happiness again. Just wait.