What's In My Gym Bag?

What's In My Gym Bag?

I'm letting you in on some of my gym secrets to boost your workout productivity and confidence in the gym!

75
What's In My Gym Bag?
Whiskers and Lions

Finding the motivation to even go to the gym can be hard enough so I'm giving you a list of my top 10 items that I keep in my gym bag that will make sure your workout runs smoothly.

1. Pre-Workout

I just started using C4 Pre-Workout, and I am a huge fan! I've noticed greater energy and endurance during my treadmill workout and still have the energy to weight train after a 5-mile run. It may be summer time, but I know that between work and homework for an online summer class, it can be just as hard to power through your workout as it is during the semester and adding a pre-workout 30 minutes before you arrive at the gym really gives that extra boost you need to get going.

When I decided to try out this pre-workout, I did a lot of research to find the right one for me based on my needs, goals and price-range. I landed on this one because it is only a dollar per serving, comes in a variety of different flavors, and promised an energy boost and added endurance.

I really wasn't looking for something that would bulk me up or keep me awake for hours but something that would give me enough of a push to get through my run, and this product delivers! I bought my first jar at GNC because they have a 30-day empty-jar guarantee, so I knew that if I didn't like the flavor or if the product just didn't return results for me, I could return it for a new jar or refund. This definitely gave me peace of mind when investing in this pre-workout. The pink lemonade flavor tastes great to me; some say it's too sweet or sour but have no fear, there are plenty of flavors to choose from!

Check out this and other pre-workouts here!

2. Water

This probably goes without saying but HYDRATION IS KEY! I always keep a water bottle in my gym bag so that I don't have to worry about remembering to bring one. Especially if you plan on using a supplement like a pre-workout or protein product it is crucial that you drink enough water to stay hydrated to increase the effectiveness of the product. Plus you can represent your university with a reusable water bottle; good for you and good for the Earth!

3. Lock

Photo: Home Depot

Most gyms provide guests with lockers to store gym bags, shower stuff or even your keys. I always throw my bag in one of these lockers so I keep a lock in my bag at all times. I end up leaving my keys and plenty of other valuables in my gym bag at times, so it is super important that my belongings are secure.

4. Earbuds

OK, I don't know about you, but I CANNOT make it through a run without some good music. The "pop-workout radio" on Apple Music is my go-to station, but I can't use it if I forget my earbuds! I just keep a pair in my gym bag so that I never have to run without that extra distraction of my music.

5. Gum

I keep a pack of gum in my gym bag because I think that chewing it while doing cardio keeps me alert and feeling more hydrated. Plus, chewing sugar free gum is good for your teeth!

6. Deodorant

You go to the gym to get a good sweat in - therefore, you'll need deodorant at some point. I apply an extra spray of deodorant right before I start my workout just to have that protection against contributing to that sweaty gym smell! I always go for a spray on deodorant because it's quick, dries instantly and leaves no white marks on your favorite workout gear.

7. Baseball Cap

Gym hair, don't care? Yeah - but some days you just want to hide it, right? Just in case I have such a bad hair day that I cannot wrestle my hair into looking semi-decent, I just throw on whatever baseball cap I have in my gym bag, pull my ponytail or messy bun through and get to it!

I also wore baseball caps all the time when I had bangs that would constantly get in my face while running. Whatever your reason, I say that a hat is a must-have in your gym bag.

8. Extra Hair Ties

Working out with your hair down is just not fun. It gets sweaty, tangled and just plain annoying. We all know how hair ties and bobby pins constantly disappear, so I keep a few extra hair accessories in my bag just in case I show up to the gym and don't have a hair tie around my wrist.

9. Extra Socks

Just like hair ties, socks tend to slip away into laundry hampers, behind your car seat, you name it! I personally cannot wear my running shoes without socks comfortably, so I keep an extra pair in my bag just in case.

10. Face Wipes

To get that refreshed feeling between your workout's end and your next shower, I recommend carrying these wipes around in your bag. They cut through dirt and sweat to clear your skin quickly without having to carry additional towels or face wash. I use these to clear off sweat and prevent acne, but anyone can use them for a quick cleanse no matter your skin type!