What Freshman Year Taught Me

What Freshman Year Taught Me

You will learn a lot, and I am not talking about inside the classroom

4

Freshman year is make-it or break-it. It separates the ones that try and don't try. It basically determines your furture (so good luck to the next ones coming up).

1. Picking cotton out of a field is illegal (felony), the DNR will pull you over and make you want to cry.

But if the officer's wife stole 16 the day before to take a family picture, he will let you go.

2. Go to Waffle House every chance you get.

Calories do count after midnight, so make sure to go to gym.

3. A nap a day keeps the saltiness away.

It is totally OK to fall asleep in public places (on college campus). If you see someone asleep, have respect (be quiet) for them and let them sleep.

4. Donuts will be there for you, when no one else will.

Donuts do not care how fat you are, and are always available from Walmart 24/7.

5. Do not expect your roommate to be your best friend.

If you are as unlucky as me, your roommate will not shower and have strange guys over every night.

6. "FRIENDS" is the perfect Netflix splurge.

When your friends go away for the weekend, get on your nerves, or you just simply do not have any, these will always be there for you.

7. Papers written at 3 a.m. will not receive As.

No matter how many times you have drafted/brainstormed, it isn't going to work.

8. Just because the Dining Hall is all-you-can-eat, doesn't mean you should eat all you can.

The freshman 15 is real and can turn into the freshman 50 real fast.

9. Your friends freshman year might not be your friends sophomore year.

Luckily, I meet my best friends at the end of freshman. They will be your friends for life -- don't lose them.

10. It is the year you will remember forever.

This is it. This is your year of learning. I learned more about life outside the classroom than inside. It make of it what you want of it so do your best to get everything out of it.