Everything You Need To Know About Your Zodiac Sign

It's all written in the stars.

104

Do you always hear people talking about Mercury in retrograde? or see Cosmo's weekly horoscopes? and you have no idea what they mean??

Astrological signs have everything to do with the universe by your birthday, and there are certain strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies that apply more to certain signs than others. It may seem far-fetched at some points, and some people are avid anti-astrology people, but what's the fun in that?!

Whether you believe in it or not, it's a great way to start the path of learning more about yourself and maybe even your friends and family. It's an intriguing subject, and personally, I love reading my horoscope every morning. It's a relaxing start to the day that helps me think about my goals and things I want to get done that day.

So, to learn more about yourself or your friend or that person you've got your eye on, keep reading!

Aries (March 21 - April 20)

The first sign of the zodiac! Aries is a fire sign, which means they channel the high energy of the sign. Sometimes they can be forceful or aggressive to get their way and typically want to win. Although they are open for the most part, they can be hard to understand on an emotional level, and they may find it difficult to explain their emotions. If you have an Aries friend, you may find that they stick by your side, care for you, and are thoughtful. However, they can also be gossipy and unfocused, so be careful around them when it's finals time so you won't get distracted! If you have an Aries partner, you'll definitely be impressed by their confidence and decisive nature. Though they can also be opinionated and dominant, perhaps you're a Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, or Pisces (which are most compatible!).

Taurus (April 21 - May 21)

This is me! Taurus is an earth sign, and it comes out in the stubborn and sensual quality that we have. We are obsessed with all things beautiful and aesthetic and appreciate forms of physical expression, which includes working out all the way to art and design. Though Tauruses can be productive once they being work, we have no problem taking our time and being lazy, which contributes to our easy going nature and preference towards relaxing. However, this can often lead to procrastination. If you have a Taurus friend, you'll find that we can be generous and helpful, but also sometimes overbearing and controlling. If you have a Taurus partner, you may have noticed that we are confident and thoughtful, but we are susceptible to procrastinating and not responding right away. We are most compatible with Cancers, Virgos, and Pisces.

Gemini (May 22 - June 21)

Gemini is an air sign, which means they are well adapted to work with change and have a tendency to prefer change, whether it's from hobby to hobby or relationship to relationship. Geminis are lively people and often times interesting, but sometimes can get easily distracted or give the vibe that they're superficial. They are forward-thinking and logical individuals who look to change for improvement. Gemini friends are great because they like to have fun and nonserious, but are prone to getting nervous or worried about situations. Gemini partners always bring adventure and excitement to a relationship but may be unaware that they are acting selfish sometimes. They are most compatible with Aries, Leos, Libras, and Aquarius.

Cancer (June 22 - July 22)

My water sign! Cancers are ruled by the moon and their sign is a crab, which represents their emotional and sometimes reclusive nature. They feel a need to hide from the world occasionally. However, like a crab, they can be aggressive and persuasive when it comes to living space, food, and loved ones. Some of their best qualities include being low-key, harmonious with others, and modest. Cancers are curious and personal, which contributes to their patient and dedicated nature towards friends, but can sometimes overstep and seem nosy and needy. Cancers are ~domestic~ partners, show their affection, and have a naturally giving nature, but may also seem clingy and possessive towards their loved one. Cancers are most compatible with Tauruses, Virgos, Scorpios, and Pisces.

Leo (July 23 - August 23)

Leos are symbolized by the radiant sun, and as a fire sign, they spread their creative energy to their people. Like the symbol of a lion, Leos are proud and commanding individuals who keep their fire sign under control and making decisions that can benefit the rest of the group. Leos are fighting individuals who will do what they can to get what they want. However, if unchecked, that commanding personality can turn into egotistical and self-centered individuals. As a friend, Leos are loyal and supportive individuals, but don't hold it against them if they get distracted or are forgetful. As a partner, Leos are confident, enthusiastic, and supportive individuals. They can get caught up in their career and may seem too ambitious to serve their natural strive for achievement. Leos are most compatible with Aries, Gemini, and Sagittarius individuals.

Virgo (August 24 - September 22)

Virgo, like Taurus, is an earth sign and they are grounded and practical thinkers. They help bring structure to those in their lives and are very matter-of-fact. They look for realistic and pragmatic solutions to issues. However, they can become their own woe, stressing over details and getting caught in being a perfectionist. They are supportive and helpful friends but can come across as needy and judgemental. As partners in a relationship, their strengths include reliability and they typically have domestic qualities. They can sometimes be bossy and seem unemotional, but if they're with a Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, or Capricorn, their best qualities will shine.

Libra (September 22 - October 22)

Libras are extremely social people with their strong charismatic and likeable personality. They make friends easily and work well the complexities that come with being human. Their natural ability to get along with people helps in their professions and many use their people skills in dealing with others. Despite their natural relationship with people, Libras appreciate their alone time. Like their sign the scales, Libras are challenged with maintaining balance between their sometimes needy nature and their natural people skills. Libra friends can be intense and involved, but also have a tendency to be harsh and withdrawn when not tapping into their social side. As a romantic partner, Libras are affectionate and loving but have to balance the side of them that can come across as selfish or needy. They are most compatible with Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, and Aquarius signs.

Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

Scorpio is a water sign, and like their symbol of the scorpion, they are powerful and protective individuals. They have charming qualities, but can also be aggressive when they feel the need to. They lean on the more mysterious side in terms of personality. Attracted to powerful mediums like money and power, Scorpios sometimes also have qualities of inflexibility and can seem unforgiving and harsh on others. As a friend, they have no problem having fun and celebrating, but that can change to moodiness if things go awry. Scorpios are known for their interest in sexual ~fun~ and are passionate and protective romantic partners. On the other hand, Scorpios are susceptible to jealousy and being too protective to the point of possessive. They are most compatible with Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn and Pisces signs.

Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)

Happy Birthday to my Sagittarius guys and gals!! It's your time to shine. As a fire sign, Sagittarius individuals are positive and optimistic individuals. They have a strong belief in the future and their own abilities to make anything possible. They are ethical and pure souls and judge people by their intentions rather than results. They are blessed with the strength of quick intuition, but can also be unclear in their communication. Sagittarius individuals are fun and upbeat. They are self-sufficient individuals, but their optimism can sometimes lead to unrealistic goals. As a romantic partner, Sagittarius individuals are charming and humorous, but can overstep the line and be too teasing, which can push their partner's boundaries. They are most compatible with Aries, Leo, Libra and Aquarius signs.

Capricorn (December 22 - January 20)

Capricorns are serious and quiet individuals. They are ambitious, determined, and have a strong sense of self when going about life. They can be dominant figures in a group setting. Their weaknesses include falling victim to their own stubborn nature and seriousness. They find that they can only enjoy moments and have fun when they can relax. They are reliable individuals and have a giving nature. As a romantic partner, they show their appreciation and take a straightforward approach to relationships, so you don't have to worry about them playing mind games! But this can also make it seem like they are unenthusiastic and reserved. Capricorns are most compatible with Taurus, Scorpio, Virgo, and Pisces individuals.

Aquarius (January 21 - February 19)

Modernity is the perfect time for Aquarius signs to thrive. They do best in forward-thinking settings and think about the future. They are bright and open individuals with idealistic qualities. They're the friends with spontaneous and bizarre personalities. They can almost be too easy going and nonchalant in nature, so keeping relationships strong and going can be difficult. But they have naturally enjoyable personalities and are committed individuals and keep relationships interesting as long as they don't flee from the relationship before it can grow. They pair best with Geminis and Libras.

Pisces (February 20 - March 20)

Pisces, a water sign, is symbolized by the fish. Like the deep wavering waves of water, Pisces feel emotions on deep levels and prefer serious and profound relationships. They feel life on a deeper level and believe that there is more to the meaning of life than the physical and visual aspects of the world. Because of their strong emotional nature, they can be easily affected by rejection. This gives way to their fluid and empathetic strengths. As a friend, they are typically the mom or grandma of the group with naturally caring and loving qualities. On the flip side, they can also become possessive and overemotional. In a romantic relationship, Pisces individuals are romantic and passionate partners. They are most compatible with Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn individuals.