What Your Favorite OG Disney Princess Says About You

'No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true.' -Cinderella

2771

This summer, one of my great friends from high school and I have gotten together once a week to watch some of the old(er) Disney movies. At first, we embraced the idea ironically, hoping to capture a few shreds of our rapidly waning childhoods. However, I soon found myself relating more to the movies than ever before. What makes the OG Disney princess' especially cherished is that they have qualities that I think we can all find in ourselves. So that begs the question; which princess is your favorite, and why? Our preferences in fairy tale heroines say more about us than we might think.

Snow White

If the first ever Disney princess is your fave, you're sincere. Just like Snow White, you mean exactly what you say. You believe in giving 100 percent to whatever you do, and you succeed in all your endeavors. You know how to make and keep genuine friends, and you're never afraid to lend a hand to someone in need. Be careful not to let naivety cause you trouble - look out for your poison apple, girl.

Cinderella

If Cinderella has a special place in your heart, you're a dreamer. You've always been focused on your future, and you have huge hopes for how it will turn out. You're not afraid to embrace ambition, grace, and a little bit of magic to reach your goals. Just remember that in real life, sometimes we have to be our own fairy godmothers. Keep shining, and don't ever give up your dreams.

Aurora

Just like Aurora, you have a way of charming and enchanting everyone that you come across. Your genuine kindness attracts everyone to you, and you know how to use this to your advantage. Even though "Sleeping Beauty" is a bit shorter than some of the other Disney princess movies, your legacy is anything but short-lived.

Ariel

Like Ariel, you're passionate and brave. You're stubborn, and have the ability to laugh in the face of adversity. Fiercely independent, you stand up for yourself and what you believe in. However, you are also willing to risk it all for the people that you love. Just remember to never let your own desires fall by the wayside in helping those who need it.

Belle

First of all, let me commend you on your amazing decision. As my personal favorite Disney princess, Belle has an incredible way of seeing the best in people. If she's your favorite, you may share the same sentiment. You see the good in people, even when others may not. You have radiant inner beauty, and are strong enough to pursue your own interests while also safeguarding others. Keep in mind, though, that sometimes we need to put ourselves first before we can save someone else.

Jasmine

Like Jasmine, you are not afraid to stand up for your values and beliefs. You have strong opinions, and you never back down from a challenge. Remember to harness that passion for justice, and use it to make the world a better place. All it takes is one person like you to make a difference!

Pocahontas

If Pocahontas is your favorite Disney princess, you love a good adventure. You recognize that the beauty in life is everywhere, if we just look for it. You likely value time spent outdoors, and are an advocate for conservation (YGG). While you may be seen as stubborn to some, you need someone in your life who is willing to take on crazy adventures right along with you.

Mulan

Like Mulan, you're fearless. You aren't afraid to do the right thing, and stand up for others, even when it isn't always the easiest thing to do. Your rare determination and fighting spirit will get you very far in life. You do whatever it takes to protect your loved ones, and are the physical embodiment of the "no guts, no glory" lifestyle. Keep doing great things.

Tiana

Last but not least, if you identify with Tiana, you are a go-getter. You are independent, self-reliant, and extremely determined. You will do whatever it takes to achieve your dreams and reach your goals. Even though life can be tough, you are never willing to let your goals take a backseat. Continue being resilient, and remember that nothing worth doing is easy.

Well, there you have it. While I know that some of the Disney princess' I've listed in this article aren't exactly "old", they are the ones that we all know and love and are the most familiar with. Let me know if there's a Disney gal you wish I would have included, and I might do a Part 2! I hope this lets you reflect on yourself a little bit, as well as the character traits that you possess. And remember, in the words of Snow White, "you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine."