What Would You Tell Your Future Self In Preparation For 2019?
Health Wellness

With the new year of 2019, quickly approaching, I wanted to know what lessons people have faced and learned from through out 2018, so I asked on my instagram story, "What advice would you give your future self?" The responses are recorded below.

231

One of my favorite quotes is by T. Guinery it states, "The way you chose to leave a place either wrecks you or sets you up for the next. Leave in love and arrive on purpose."

As we are on the verge of ending a year and heading into a new one, I love the idea of New Year's resolutions. As cliche as it sounds, we are reflecting on our past and deciding how it will influence the future. We set goals for ourselves that could potentially change our lives, it's simply refreshing. 2018 has been a very challenging year for me. I have struggled in all aspects of life this year. With that being said, I have come to the realization that the struggles have challenged me, which in turn is starting to transform me into the person I was made to be. All in all, as I go into 2019 I hope to stay confident in myself and never doubt my worth, ability, or purpose.

With the best parts of our lives highlighted all over social media, the rough times are not often shared. I had to believe that I was not the only one who had a challenging year. So I took to my instagram account to ask my followers what advice they would give to their future selves.

I hope that this article inspires you to reflect on the past year and decide how it will influence and prepare you for the future. We all are capable of changing the outcomes in our lives if we just take the first step in believing we can.

Cheers to 2019!

Do not give up on something because someone else does not approve of it. That person may not always be in your life or have walked in your shoes..

"Do not let those who do not have significance in your life dictate your happiness."

"Take full advantage of every opportunity. It's better to make a mistake rather than never trying at all."

"When the going gets tough you must keep going."

"stressing about the future will not change your outcome. After all, there is already a greater plan in place."

"Focus on strengthening the relationships you already have."

" Don't let your challenges be your disadvantages."

"Everything that you do takes an initial push. Learn to get over that push and be who you want to be."