What Will You Change?

What Will You Change?

You have plenty of time to do something different, the only deadline you have is your death.

15
What Will You Change?
Forbes

There used to be a time where I thought people couldn't change unless something traumatic happened in their lives. I didn't think going to college, getting a job, or a car, or just growing up, in general, would cause people to change. It never really hit me that our life experiences truly affect every aspect of ourselves. We could see our own bodies different or our friends different or our goals may have changed.

How much did you change? What happened to you recently that has made you look at life from a different perspective? Has it hit you that the age you are now will be different every year? I know, that sounds like a "duh" kind of moment but think about it. Last year, you were younger and next year you will be older. You are watching yourself grow up and at some point, you will watch those younger than you grow up. You are going to see what you will look like as an old person. You'll have a day where you'll reflect on your life and go through some old photos to see all of the changes.

Our parents talk about how we television was at a certain time each day and there were only two channels. Our grandparents witnessed an age of no technology to what we have today. We ourselves, watch movies with poor graphics or see flip phones and think, "Wow! I had that once". You may hate it, you may miss it, but it changed you. Technology has caused us to stay inside more, sports may cause you to want to be outside more. The foods you eat change your body and the thoughts you have change your mind.

There can even be change with how you talk to people. You may be sassy to your parents, shy to your friend's parents, outgoing to your coworkers, and your personality may change depending on which friend you're around. If you don't think about change very often, maybe give it a try. It could change how you look at things or just open your eyes to a different aspect of the world that you live in now.

If you're really up to the challenge, think of a way that you can change the world or change yourself. It sounds like a New Year's Resolution but it isn't. It's a change that can help millions if you do something noble. You could even change something about yourself within your family. Either way, the would is waiting for you to think, compare how it is today, and make a difference for someone.