What We Should NOT Do Post Election
Politics

What We Should NOT Do Post Election

"Regardless of who wins, an election should be a time for optimism and fresh approaches."

8
What We Should NOT Do Post Election

1. Protest

While it is your right as an American citizen, it shouldn't be happening yet. Donald Trump has not yet been inaugurated, and as of now, he hasn't made any changes. By fighting when you haven't even given something a chance is only separating us more. For all we know, he could be the best President we have ever had. We need to go into this with an open mind.

2. Lose friends over the election

One of the worst things about politics is that it can break up friendships. It has a way of making people who in the everyday world are peaceful and great friends and turning them into enemies. Some of my closest friends voted for Hillary Clinton, and some voted for Donald Trump. They are all good people, despite who they voted for. I would be their friend no matter what, despite whom and what they support, because who they are as a person goes so much more beyond that.

3. Judge others by who they voted for

If we begin to judge strangers or people we barely know on their opinions or whom they support then we become the main problem of America. We become ignorant, and not seeing them as the person they have always been. As everyone would agree, everyone has a right to his or her own opinion. Respect who and what people support, because if you don't then that degrades democracy and free thinking.

4. Disrespect America

In many places in America and over the world, people have been abusing the American flag. This it's a terrible thing that should not be taken lightly. No matter how upset or discouraged one is because of this election and chosen president that does not give anyone the right to disrespect our flag. Men and women have died protecting that flag, and some are just going to walk all over it?

5. Read into more media bias before anything happens

This entire election was pushed and pulled by media bias. As the saying goes, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet," because simply it is usually not true. Before anyone jumps to conclusions about what is going to happen, we should wait until something actually happens. Not just believe and read into everything we see online. Research and study something before you say something or create an opinion.

Don't think less of people who voted or support something that is different from what you believe. More importantly, don't lose good people in your life. Don’t choose hate over love for our people and our country. Also, remember our nation's history, in 1861 when the Civil War broke out people in our own country were killing each other. Brothers, and family members who couldn't see eye to eye were murdering each other. This is why learning about our past is so important so we don't make the same mistakes. Don’t say this is the worst time for America, because clearly we have gone through and came back from times that were much worse. The world isn't ending, and America isn't doomed. Be hopeful, and more importantly be respectful.