What To Do After A Heartbreaking Breakup
relationships

After Heartbreak Has Taken Part Of Your Heart, Keep What You Have Left

Keep yourself until the idea of giving to someone does not scare you.

153

As I was driving home from school today, Luke Combs' newest song "She Got The Best Of Me" came on the radio. As much as I love Luke Combs and his music, the message in this song is not one that I can get behind.

If you haven't heard this song, the message is basically telling the next girl that comes into Luke's life will only be able to have what is left of him because his last girlfriend completely destroyed him. I've been there. Everyone has been there. The utter heartbreak of not being able to pick yourself up off the floor. Late nights crying into a pillow because you just miss the human you used to call yours.

But having this idea in your head of only being able to give what is "left of you" to the next person that you fall in love with is not something that sits well on my heart.

There should never be a time when you think what you are giving to someone is all that you have left. It is not fair to you, and surely it is not fair to the person that you are deciding to share your life with. If you have any kind of reservation about being able to fully immerse yourself in a new relationship, do yourself a favor and hop right on out of there.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to love someone else. The problem comes when know you are not able to and move forward anyway. In the end, you only end up hurting yourself and the person that you have taken the time to invest in.

When it comes down to it and you are sitting here thinking, "I'm not my best self, but I want to give what I have to this person" it is already too late. You have already taken what little bit that you have left of yourself and gave it to someone. Where that little bit should be, is with you.

Build upon that little bit that you have left. Grow your spirit/personality/self until your self-love cup is overflowing to the max. Keep yourself for yourself until you know that you can give without losing who you are. Keep yourself until the idea of giving to someone does not scare you.

Every single person in this world is capable of doing amazing things.

Every person in this world is capable of loving unconditionally and fully.

Every person in this world deserves to be themselves with no reservations.

So do not give someone what is "left of you." Hold on to you until you are strong in who you are. Hold on to you until you don't have to question how much is left. Hold on to you until you can give unforgivingly. Hold on until you are you.