What The Media Doesn't Tell You About Donald Trump

It's time to stop allowing the liberal "big media" to influence American voters!

550
Samantha Medasie

I recently had the opportunity to cover a Donald Trump rally held in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Surrounded by reporters from huge news outlets like Fox News and CBS, I easily felt a little intimidated. I reminded myself that I was there for a different purpose than these established journalists and reporters, though, and that my purpose was to report on what the "big media" doesn't tell you about Donald Trump.

When you search our Republican nominee's name, the majority of the results you will get are news articles bashing his campaign. However, when you search "Hillary Clinton," nearly every article is either neutral or pro-Hillary. In our technology-centered society, liberal media outlets have ruined any chance for people to form their own educated decisions about our current presidential candidates due to the strong influence that media has on our country's voters.

To be fair to voters, I want to offer a different perspective on our Republican nominee.

The rally held in Altoona, Pennsylvania was easily one of the largest events that Blair County has ever seen. In fact, the Blair County Convention Center, where the event was held, filled up two large rooms with nearly 5,000 supporters. This was by far the largest audience the convention center has seen in its 15 years of existence. Meanwhile, there were about 15 protesters outside of the venue. In Blair County, less than one percent of attendees were anti-Trump, yet the media still portrays groups of protesters to be stronger and larger than Trump supporters.

The media also tells us that Trump is actually unsupportive of the middle class and small business owners. After all, how could someone with a net worth of $4.5 billion sympathize with entrepreneurs that make just enough for themselves and their families to live comfortably? When Donald Trump stood behind the podium in Altoona, one of his very first statements regarded the McLanahan family.

McLanahan is located in Blair County and is the oldest family foundry in the country. Between his rallies, first in Erie and then in Altoona, Donald Trump met with this family, and offered his support when he learned of their recent struggles under the Obama Administration. He promised to help small businesses, put coal miners back to work and reestablish the need for railroads in our country. Sadly, you'll never see that in an article from the big liberal media.

Hedge funding is a huge reason why the political system is so unfair. Hedge funding is basically a donation received by a politician from someone with a "special interest." Donald Trump showed the Altoona audience a poster that stated Hillary Clinton has received $48,500,000 in campaign contributions from hedge funders, while he has only received $19,000. Adding a little humor, he said, "I don't even know where that $19,000 came from. I'll give it back!" Too bad you won't see this on the news, either.

The claim that Trump doesn't give any reasoning for his beliefs and plans is ludicrous. At this rally, Trump recited the lyrics from Al Wilson's song, "The Snake." If you haven't heard it, I encourage you to read the lyrics here! He relates this song to our country's border, implying that if we let in the "snakes," or illegal immigrants, then we are asking for destruction. Trump has been reciting these lyrics at many of his rallies, yet there are a minimal amount of videos and articles about him doing so.

It's hard not to listen to the liberal media. After all, when we log onto our social media accounts, the first things we see are anti-Trump articles. By no means am I saying that everyone should agree with me and vote for Donald Trump, but I do encourage you to do your own research and attend as many political events that you can. It's time for American voters to form their own opinions, and that starts with ignoring the big media and educating yourselves firsthand!