What Should You Do When You Are At Your Lowest Point?

If I persist long enough, I will win. - Og Mandino

625
dannyworldng

What should you do when you are at your lowest point?

So this was one hell of a summer, and I have never been so stressed in my life. I needed to find a job as quickly as possible in order to earn money for college. Even if I did get a job, there was no certainty that I will be attending college for Fall 2016. I never wanted anything so badly in my life. I enjoyed being in college and living on my own and the freedom that goes with it. I felt like I could make all my decisions for myself, and since I was living on my own, I did not have a voice over my shoulder telling me that what I am doing may not be the right decision. My family said that they may not be able to help me due to the fact that they have been paying money to sell the house and my apartment and other living quarters. I felt as though my life is in utter turmoil. I am still waiting to see if there is still a possibility that I can attend college for Fall 2016. I just am waiting, motionless by my computer to see when my financial aid award will be diminished and that holds my fate.

This is not going to be an oh, woe is me article. This is going to be an article that is going to have you take life by its rein and make you realize that you are in charge of your own destiny, so now it’s time to show the world the rock star that you really are.

1. Never take no for an answer.

I know this sounds like a diva thing to say, but what diva do you know that is not successful. Can you at least name one? No. I didn’t think so. Always figure out ways to tiptoe around the word no. Never accept that your self-worth is dictated by any particular person, no matter how much you may admire the person.

2. Be your own motivator.

Not everyone is going to encourage you to push through your battles but the person that can continuously fight in all odds is yourself. One of my favorite songs to listen to is Thrift Shop by Macklemore when I need to strut with confidence.

3. Never believe that you can’t do something.

It is so hard to believe in yourself in a world where dreaming and being persistent about your dream seems naive and prohibited by your elders. I was told several times that a music degree was not a logical choice, but I did not want to pursue any other degree-my heart would not be able to find fulfillment. I advise if you have a dream, go after it. Do not let anyone take your dream. If you have a dream, you better look within yourself and hold on to it with all your might.

4. Be resourceful.

Sometimes you have to find ways in order to take care of yourself. Your family is not going to support your lifestyle and living expenses forever. I learned to be very creative this summer in order to raise money for college, such as selling all my unwanted items on Craigslist, applying on care.com, taking on two jobs, pawning your jewelry and everything under the sun. Make sure that with every decision you are quick to act on and don’t miss an opportunity.

The summer is still not over and I am still trying to dig down deeper within myself to pull myself together, and each day, I try to be proactive and put in steps that makes me that much closer in achieving my goal, attending college this upcoming Fall semester. It is not going to be easy, but quitters never win. Life has a funny way of working itself out in the end when you have all the best intentions and are not spiteful. So anyone going through a difficult time, take a deep breath and write down a list of what you want to accomplish in order to attain your dreams or get through a tough period in your life. Each day look at the list that you created and try to accomplish one bullet point on that list or if you’re really inspired finish the whole and add more to the list for the following days, months, weeks. Never throw your hands in the air and give up. This world is so grand and vast, filled with countless adventures that you can have in your lifetime. So how do you want to write your story? Here’s a pen.