Men, Tell Me What You Want From Day One

Men, Tell Me What You Want From Day One

I don't have time to be reading minds or analyzing gestures.

438

If straight women and gay men can agree on one thing, it is that the men we love drive us absolutely crazy. Though, most of the time, these men are not "men we love" but possible partners who play mind games when it comes to telling you what they want from you.

It goes like this: we match on tinder, we talk, we go on a few dates, I catch feelings, and then he ends up saying that he's not emotionally ready and rips out the roots before they could even sprout. Why is it so hard for men to communicate to me and other gals and gays about what they want from us? I am so sick and tired of having to jump through hoops to get a guy to tell me how he really feels.

Here's the thing, I'm not mad at men. Hell, I love men to death! But I am just annoyed that we live in a world where being open and honest with one another isn't the norm anymore.

I once watched a PSA from 1949 about the proper way to engage in the act of "dating" with a potential partner. While the film is very much a glamorization of the time period, it still brought up some good points about how to begin a potential relationship with someone special. While I'm not saying we should put women back in the kitchen and bring back segregation, it would be nice to see the dating etiquette of the 1950s make a comeback.

I think what they really don't understand that it really hurts to be let down. It makes one feel foolish for letting their feelings get ahead of their logical thought. It could make them feel ugly or unattractive, make them think that they did something wrong that made it end so quickly.

But do you know how this all could've been avoided?

IF YOU WOULD'VE TOLD THEM FROM THE BEGINNING WHAT YOU WANTED!

It may be scary to be totally honest with someone, but it's something you have to do. You can't hide behind a mask of insincerity when it comes to other's feelings.

If you just want to be friends, tell me. If you want a hookup, tell me. If you want something more, TELL ME! I promise that I'll have an easier time understanding what we both want.