What It Means To Be From Boston

What It Means To Be From Boston

I have always felt so lucky to have grown up in a great place and as I have grown up I have gained a deeper appreciation for the place I call home.

194
Veronica Connly

I have always felt Boston was unlike anywhere else in the world. Aside from the sports teams being so successful, there was something different if you come from Boston. You have a sense of grit and spunk that is different from other places. Clam Chowder runs through your veins and if you don't go to Dunkin, do you even live in Boston?

After the Marathon Bombing in 2013, my appreciation for the city skyrocketed. The deep devotion to justice for the innocent lives taken that day was immeasurable. The city came together like no other and supported each other. Although everyone has different stories and lives, Boston is a place where those paths intersect, and people come together for one common goal. BOSTON STRONG <3

1. You only know success, sports wise. 

You have seen dozens of championships and phenomenal athletes come through this city. Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox players names have all been sported on your back and you've skipped school for the parades.

2. Tom Brady lives in Boston. 

Isn't that enough? He has transformed the New England Patriots alongside Bill Belichick. Gronk is basically your brother and Edelman your uncle.

3. You are familiar with the Quincy born coffee shop Marylou's. 

There are only a couple of them but they are unreal. Girl Scout Cookie is my personal favorite flavored latte.

4. Fanuel Hall is just another place on the map. 

You have grown up going to Durgin Park and Dick's Last Resort. Seeing tourist groups is just plain old weird!

5. Gillette Stadium is not just the place where the Patriots play but you went there all the time as a kid. 

Charming Charlies, Cupcake Charlies, and Rev'd are some fun places to hit.

6. You basically learned how to bike on the Falmouth Bike Path, and learned to swim from Woods Hole to MV. Haha not really but you get the point.  You’ve also vacationed in the Cape your whole lives 

7. You've waited 2 hours in a Mikes Pastry's line just to get one cannoli while your mom  insists you go to Modern Pastry. 

8. You've probably never been on a duck boat but definitely talk them up like you have.

9. Superbowls and AFC Championships are like holidays. 

Families come together for a mutual hope, talking about old times while enjoying wings and nachos.

10. You aren’t surprised when young kids in elementary schools think the Super Bowl is the last game of the season.