What Little Kids Can Teach Us

What Little Kids Can Teach Us

Sometimes the people we would never expect could make the biggest difference in our lives.

59
What Little Kids Can Teach Us

When you're always around little kids, you can't help but find yourself in a world outside of reality. Little kids bring us joy because of their innocent minds and their imagination. They take us back to a time when we were little kids, not having a single care in the world and they show us life through a totally different perspective. They remind us to always be happy and to never take a moment for granted. Kids give us a sense of happiness not many adults can give us. That is why it is 100% more enjoyable to be around little kids than adults.

1. To always be happy.

Most of the time, when kids are participating in something they truly love, they are happy. They teach us to always do the things that make us truly happy and to always look at the positives in life instead of the negatives.

2. To never lose our imagination.

The most entertaining times you can have with a child is when you actually sit down and play with them. Whether that be a made up game or a board game, a child's imagination is always thrown in in some way. Kid's have the ability to create worlds outside of reality that they can go to when times get tough. They create imaginary friends they can trust and love. They are able to break away from reality and be as creative as they can.

3. To always be honest.

Kids are brutally honest. They tell you exactly what they are thinking and exactly what they want, even if it's something we don't want to hear. As we grow older, we lose the ability to be totally honest with not only others, but with ourselves as well. We need to learn how to take life into our own hands and do and say what we want instead of giving in to others wants and needs.

4. To love unconditionally.

Kids hearts are always open to everyone and everything. They have a beautiful nature to them that allows them to easily forgive and to have a compassionate disposition. It isn't until they grow up and experience betrayals and heart break that they lose this sense of love only children have. Kids remind us to always have forgiving hearts and to be open to love.

5. How to laugh.

You know the saying, "kids say the darndest things?" Well they actually do say the 'darndest' things about everything. They teach us not to take life so seriously and to always have a good laugh every now and then when needed.

6. To remember how we used to see things.

When we look back on past experiences we had, whether it be a place we visited or a television show we used to love, we realize how much different we see these things now as adults than we had remembered seeing them as children. We realize that our likes and dislikes have changed dramatically as we grow older.

7. To be accepting of others.

They see everyone as individuals and as the people they truly are. They rarely take into account the stereotypes surrounding certain people and are willing to be friends with anyone who wants to be friends.

8. To continue to be dreamers.

When reality hits us as we get older, we lose our sense of true confidence in ourselves. What we once thought we could achieve when we were little kids seems out of reach in the real world. Kids teach us to continue chasing our dreams and to be proud of ourselves even with little accomplishments we make in our lives.

9. How to forgive.

No matter what others might do to them, kids always forgive instantly. They do not hold grudges or lose trust in the people who hurt them. They go on living their happy lives and don't dwell on the mistakes others have made. Once we learn to forgive, we become much happier individuals.

10. To be fearless.

Kids teach us to always take every opportunity life throws at us. They teach us to believe in ourselves enough to make our dreams come true. They teach us to never have fear, to never take life for granted and to never let anyone define us. We should never be intimidated by anyone or anything. We need to learn to accept life as it is and to just simply be happy and do the things we love.