Finding Your Person

Finding Your Person

Sometimes you are lucky enough to have more than one

63
Finding Your Person
Grey's Anatomy/ABC

If you have ever watched Grey’s Anatomy you have heard the saying “my person” and chances are even if you haven’t watched Grey’s you have still heard the saying. What “my person” essentially means is that there is one special person that you can go to for anything and everything. Whether it is good times, bad times, when you feel like your world is crashing down, or when you just have a really great joke to tell. Your person is your best friend.

There is a common myth that you cannot have more than one best friend, but I am here to bust that myth wide open. This article goes out specifically to my best friends who are all my persons and each hold and make a little part of the person I am today.

First off, there is Zachary. The love of my life. My best friend. He is my best friend in many ways but one of them is because his love for me is unconditional. Growing up I never understood what unconditional love was. I thought it was just something adults said to pass-off the times where they yelled at you for doing something stupid, but of course they still loved you anyway. But what I have learned is so much more than that. Through every fight, disagreement, tough time, it all doesn’t matter at the end of the day. What matters is that we love each other and plan on spending the rest of our days together.

Next up there is Katey, my spunky, bat-shit-crazy aussie. Now if you ever feel the need to sing at the top of your lungs randomly, or call someone slut 1,000 times a day, then you’d fit in with Katey and how our room works. Not only is she one of my best friends, but she is also the best roommate ever. No matter if we ever get on each others nerves or do something to piss the other off, we are able to laugh it off at the end of the day and hang out like always. This girl is always there to bring a little laughter to my darkest days and for that I will always be thankful.

Then there is Karsyn. Boy oh boy. You don’t know intense until you meet this girl. Whether its on the lanes or in a friendship she will tell it how it is, no holding back. I promise you, EVERYONE needs a friend like that. They need someone to be able to tell you when you’re being a crybaby or a dumbass. This type of friend keeps you in check every day. But they are also only looking out for your best interest at heart. I know Karsyn will always want the best for me and she’s always one of my biggest fans through it all. Though I don’t get to see her often since she lives across the country, I am thankful for every single one of our FaceTimes or phone calls. This girl is a warrior and has taught me how to be one as well.

With intensity you need a little sweetness, with that we have Madison, Karsyns older sister. If someone asked me to describe Madi in two words it would be “genuinely beautiful”, not only by appearance is she beautiful but she also have one of the most genuine and beautiful souls I’ve ever had the honor of getting to know. I know with certainty if I am ever upset or frustrated about something I can go to her and she will guide me through to find the light. That is such a rarity. As she lives across the country as well I am not able to see her much either. But that doesn’t stop us from talking every. Single. Day. I know my days don’t seem quite as meaningful if she isn’t apart of it.

Now enough about the people who live halfway across the country, how about the one that lives 2 and a half hours away when at school, and 15 minutes away when on breaks. This brings me to Abbie, my best friend of 5 years. Have you ever heard of those friendships that even if you hardly see each other and hardly talk you still pick up right where you left off? That’s how you perfectly describe Abbie and I. She is one of the few reasons I made it through high school with some sanity (although not too much), we have drifted apart at times but we always find our way back to each other. I know at the end of the day she will always be apart of my life and one of my very best friends. I cherish this type of friendship.

Last but not least there is Bri. Do you ever feel so connected to someone spiritually that you loose sight of where you end and they begin? That’s how I feel about this girl. I consider her my vault in a sense, she knows so many of my deepest secrets and I’ve never once worried about her telling anyone, and that’s saying a lot coming from someone who has major trust issues like I do. Through our friendship there has been an impeccable amount of growth between the two of us. I have become such a better and a stronger person because of her and I’m sure that she would say the same thing about herself. Very rarely do we ever have a normal conversations, we are almost always talking about something indepth (whether that be something important or pointless I will leave up to your imagination), this type of friendship and this girl I will always be eternally grateful for.

The moral of this article is that just because “person” is a singular word, doesn’t mean it has to have a singular amount of parts to it. Every one of the people I listed here are a portion of who I am as a person and there is no way I would be whole if I was missing one of them. I need them all and I am so so so lucky to be able to live this life with them and I will thank God to the end of my days for these blessings in my life.

To my best friends, the people listed, thank you for always believing in me and I love you so much.

Here’s to the future!

Mack