What It Means To Be A "Work In Progress"

We're all still just children. We're still getting worked on, and we DEFINITELY don't have it all figured out.

322

Have you ever reached that point where you just felt tired? Where it seemed like, no matter what you did, it just wasn't enough? Where you felt as though you should be better at this certain thing by now, but for some reason you're not? If you have, you're not alone. Many of us have felt that way.

I want to tell you today that you no longer have to feel that way. You are not inadequate but are instead a work in progress. You are simply a child that is growing. God is still working on you, and there is still so much for you to learn.

Sometimes, we loose sight of the fact that we are children of God. Children still need the guidance and care of their parents. Children typically get tired and cranky more often than adults and need to stop for a moment and rest. Children don't know and can't do everything. Children are in a growing process--and sometimes, they have to experience those infamous "growing pains."

Upon occasion, we can begin to believe that we should have everything figured out by now; that we should be able to do this ministry, this Christian walk, this life on our own, but that is a lie. God is always working both on us and with us, and He said that He will never leave us nor forsake us. If He is never going to leave us, it doesn't make sense for us to think that we're supposed to be doing anything on own--God is always here to help, protect, provide, lead, and so much more. He is here to be a Father to us, and a Father always takes care of His children.

"Therefore I tell you, stop being worried or anxious (perpetually uneasy, distracted) about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, as to what you will wear. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow [seed] nor reap [the harvest] nor gather [the crops] into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?"
Matthew 6:25-26 AMP

I want to leave you with a few simple facts:
1. God is your Father. He wants to take care of you.
2. God loves you so much, He sent His son to die for you (John 3:16).
3. You are not alone, and you will never be alone (Deuteronomy 31:6).
4. Nothing you ever do will separate you from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).
5. God's plans for His children are good plans meant to prosperous us, give us hope, and give us a future (Jeremiah 29:11).
6.
The same God that began a good work in you will not stop working on you until that work is brought to perfect completion (Philippians 1:6).
7. And finally, although God will always help you in your time of need and when you call out for help, He loves you too much to let you stay where you are. He is a responsible, good Father that will push His children to grow and become better--become who He has always made them to be.

"You call out to God for help and he helps—he’s a good Father that way. But don’t forget, he’s also a responsible Father, and won’t let you get by with sloppy living."
I Peter 1:17 MSG