If You Want To Know Romance, You Need To Read This

Turn to Jesus.

360
Shelbi Renaldo, Owner of Shelbi Raines Photography

Gather around, and let me tell you the greatest love story that has ever been published. This is the greatest love story that has ever been demonstrated, and you need to hear it. So here we go.

Never had there ever been a more intimate couple. This specific husband and wife were in perfect unity and beautiful harmony, and their relationship was fruitful and strong.

From the beginning of their marriage, the husband reaffirmed and built up his wife's worth, and she responded with loving gratitude and respect. He loved her passionately, and she respected him fully. And they were perfect.

But once when the husband was away, a stranger began to target and interrogate the wife. He asked her, "Does your husband really love you?" and "Does he really have your best interest at heart?" "If he loved you why would he leave?" And just like that, she let the stranger's questions weave doubt into her love.

She slowly slipped away from her husband. She began by retreating to her thoughts instead of talking to him, and it was as if her heart became quicksand as she drowned him out because of her doubt.

She became cold and callous and nothing the husband gave to her was good enough. So she began to look for love elsewhere. As soon as she opened the door of her heart to others, terrible strangers began to fill the doorway. See there had been other strangers, like the one before, who were just waiting for her to open some part of herself up to them, and she had finally given them a foothold.

All the while the husband is graciously loving his wife. He is encouraging and empowering her while showing her unconditional love and respect. But he feels her slip away. He knows the wrong she is about to commit.

She invited a stranger into her home and tried to find joy by cheating on her husband. Right after this nobody who wrecked her marriage and darkened her heart leaves, the husband comes home to find his beautiful bride, wrecked by emotional and physical betrayal. He knew she had forsaken her commitment to him, he knew she had betrayed everything he had done for her, but he chose to stay.

He looked at his wife and had nothing but fierce and unrelenting love towards her. He took her in his arms and as she tried to fight and retreat from his embrace, he just kept saying, "I love you." She kept denying is love, but he kept holding on to her and repeating, "I love you. I love you."

Minutes felt like millennia in that moment, but slowly and surely the wife's heart began to melt. Everything the strangers had ever said and done to her fell to her distant memory as she listened to her husband's words to her. Overwhelmed by the love and grace of her husband, she broke into tears and asked his forgiveness, however she was not expecting to be forgiven.

Yet, he forgave. Piece by shattered piece he restored his wife's heart and eliminated her doubt. She hugged him back, and this time she would not let go. She was redeemed and forgiven and loved, and her husband would not let her forget it.

However, this love story is not a work of fiction. This story is real and it totally redefined my life. This is the story of the Gospel, the story of God's love for us. The analogy is flawed in some areas, but the church is called the "bride of Christ", so the picture should be clear.

This story applies to everyone. God is unrelenting in his love towards us, we only need to trust him. The redemption of the wife required her to embrace the husband back, just like our redemption requires us to love God back. Yes, please come as you are, but let Jesus clean you up. Do not let "strangers" lie to you and tell you falsehoods about who you are.

Turn to Jesus.

I love all of you, and I am so appreciative of the love I have gotten in response to these articles. Y'all be good.