They affect our behaviors, perceptions, and cognition.
Emotional well being and emotional intelligence allows us to better cope with stress, interact more effectively with others, and make proactive decisions.
As a mental health practitioner, providing the best patient care is vital and a mental health practice management software can help you do exactly that.
What is a MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE?
A mental health practice management software offers your practice a plethora of benefits that the standalone healthcare solutions don’t. Therapists, psychologists, and other behavioral health professionals can utilize a mental health practice management software to streamline their front-office and patient-facing operations, guarantee adherence to industry and statutory requirements, and promote interoperability. Additionally, switching to a mental health management software provides paperless solutions-- saving you approximately $280 a month just by ditching paper.
If you are an appointment-based mental health practitioner, online scheduling and online therapy sessions for better managing the mental health of your patients are important aspects of your proposition.
Medical billing software, EHR software, medical scheduling software, and pharmacy management software are a few examples of medical technologies that mental health software can link with to bolster their feature sets.
A product must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the Mental Health industry:
- Supports the needs of specialty behavioral or mental health practices.
- Simplifies the administrative aspects of mental health practices (such as patient engagement and online registration, billing etc)
- Simplifies the clinical aspects of mental health practises (e.g., charting, patient notes, and e-prescriptions).
- Allows for fast (and confidential) collection of data and transfer between other scholarly professionals and patients.
- Offer built-in EHR/EMR capabilities or integrate with these platforms.
- Provides digital processes to create a sustainable image and assist you in capturing patient insights via electronic forms.
Resources such as a comprehensive patient portal along with psychiatric SOAP note templates are tools that help practitioners track patient progress more diligently and provide better mental health care.
Deliver better patient care with technology
After doing our research, Yocale’s Mental Health Practice Management Software has all the resources you need to better manage your patients with the necessary care.
- Form Builder. Drag and drop form builder to build a wide variety of templates for things like intake forms, behavioral tests, evaluation forms or whatever it is you require.
- Electronic forms. Electronically send and collect consent forms, consultations forms, or collect health records with e-signature capability. Using any internet-connected device, such as laptops, desktops, tablets, and mobile, clients can fill out information from the comfort of their home. The data then gets securely saved to the patient’s digital file for easy access by the practitioner.
- Patient Portal. Securely access to the patient’s full appointment history, health information, past diagnosis, records and progress notes.
- Online therapy sessions. Provide virtual services to patients all around the world via teletherapy. Ideal for initial consultations.
- Appointment reminders. Never have an empty appointment slot, again! Automated reminders for appointments assist patients in adhering to their appointments.
Another great benefit of a practice management software is its capability to match the skills of the therapist to the needs of the patient. Research shows that the stronger a therapeutic alliance is, the more effective the outcome of the treatment becomes.
A mental health practice management software which offers electronic psychotherapy notes, a patient portal, scheduling, billing, and teletherapy synergized into one will help you provide better patient care.
Practitioners need to collect and store a plethora of confidential data; It is prominent that the data is collected efficiently and stored securely. Such a platform gives you easy access to digital treatment notes and client records, all secured, encrypted on the cloud (with online booking included – that will limit the phone calls and paper needed there too!).
A mental health software is a wise investment for your clinic, practitioners, and your patients.
Bonus: Boost your mental health with these practices.
Author’s Bio: Taraneh Nasseri is a product marketer and content creator. When she is not delving into the creativity of research and writing, she loves to play tennis and attend mental health seminars. Connect with her on Linkedin.