What I'm Praying For In My Future Husband

Just a few attributes I wanted to share with the world that I'm hoping my spouse has.

70
Augrav

I know, I know, I’ve already made a ‘Dear Future Husband’ article (shameless plug, give it a read!) so how much more do I really have to say about my mystery boy?

I could go on and on, but I don’t want to scare away any future suitors that may be reading this article.

But, nonetheless, I wanted to share with you guys a few of the attributes I have been praying might be present in the man I marry.

First off, and most importantly, I pray that he is a man of God. I want him to be able to lead our family in God’s will, wherever He chooses to place our family, vocation, or anything. I want him to help our children understand God and the meaning of his will in our lives. Along with that, I’m praying that He would be able to lead our family in quiet times with God. It’s so important to have the time and the bond together with your family and God like that, and it’s something I dream of often. Boys, it is SO attractive to us girls when you pursue a relationship with God and actively spend time with Him and seek Him out to learn more about who He is.

Next, I pray that he is patient, because I am not. I am learning, and have become better at being patient, but I need someone who can sit me down and tell me to just WAIT. But, at the same time, I ask that he would be understanding and able to forgive my short comings when it comes to my impatient nature. I pray some of his patient nature would be able to rub off on me, because the good Lord KNOWS I need it. I hope that he isn’t afraid to call me out on the unnecessary moaning and groaning about how long something is taking, when I know that if I just wait a little longer it’ll be here sooner or later. I mean, all good things come to those who wait, right?

I also pray for a man with a good sense of humor. Now, anyone who knows me knows how much I love to laugh, especially the laugh-so-hard-I-cry situation as well as the stop-making-me-laugh-my-abs-hurt kind of laughter. So, if you’re able to make me laugh, even a little bit, you are automatically one of my favorite people (basically). I need someone to help me make the mundane things in life a little more fun. Like when we’re washing the dishes for the third time that day, help me out a little. I get stressed VERY easily and since laughter is something that comes so naturally to me, it doesn’t take much to have me laughing, even if I’m in an exceptionally bad mood.

Lastly, I pray that he would be willing to go on adventures with me. I’m an international kid for crying out loud, I have to move around or go on vacation or SOMETHING at some point. Now don’t get scared boys, I’m not asking him to go out on a limb and live in a third world country with me, but a little trip to somewhere far off, whether that be another city, state, country, or even continent every now and then will do just fine. I enjoy exploring God’s creation from both the inside and out, in optimal weather conditions preferably, and I’d love to be able to explore it with my significant other as well.

Now like I said, these are just a few of the things that I’m praying for in my spouse. Whoever you are and wherever you are right now, know that I’ve been thinking about you lately and that I hope you’re doing well.