What I Will Miss Most About Kobe Bryant

What I Will Miss Most About Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant in an all-time great player that fans were lucky to have seen play.

99
What I Will Miss Most About Kobe Bryant
ESPN's FiveThirtyEight

Kobe Bryant's retirement means that a big part of my childhood is coming to an end. What he has done for the game of basketball is undeniable. He is an all-time great that the NBA will surely miss. There are many things that fans, including myself will miss the most about Kobe Bryant.

1. How competitive he was

Kobe has always be known for being an extreme competitor. Whether the Lakers were up 20 or down 20, Kobe was always competing. During the off-season, Kobe's workout would be called the 666 workout. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week for 6 months. Now that sounds like a player that wants to be called an all-time great.

2. The cold-blooded attitude

If I had to choose a player not named Michael Jordan to shoot a last second shot to win me a game, I'm choosing Kobe Bryant, no question. He has ice water in his veins. Everyone in the arena knows he is getting the ball at the end of the game and most of the time it never mattered.

3. The way he intimidated other players

One thing that Kobe was able to do that few players in NBA history could do, was intimidate other players. He would scare players with his relentless attitude on both sides of the court. He and Michael Jordan were the two main players that were able to get in other players heads. Kobe intimidating just about every player in the NBA is one of the main things I will miss about watching him play.

4. His scoring ability

Growing up, everyone wanted to shoot and score like Kobe Bryant. It didn't matter if he was double or triple teamed, if he wanted to score, he was going to score. Watching him score 81 points against the Toronto Raptors is something I will never forget. He is an all-time scorer that is one of a kind.

5. He is my generation's version of Michael Jordan

I wasn't old enough to watch Michael Jordan in his prime, Kobe is my MJ. He was the guy who you knew wasn't going to let up. Kobe always looked up to MJ. I can't wait to tell my kids and grandkids what it was like watching Kobe Bryant playing on a daily basis just like my elders told me what it was like watching Jordan play.

Kobe Bryant is an all-time great and will 100% be inducted into the Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. It will be odd watching the Lakers play with no Kobe Bryant. He is a player that the NBA was lucky to have.

Thank you, Kobe. You will be missed.