The Things I've Learned Through Breakups

Life goes on and someone better always comes along.

490

We all know how bad breakups suck.

What sucks the most, is the fact that you go from talking to the same person every day to never talking again.

You lose a boyfriend and a best friend all in the same day.

It is strange to think about how people stay together for years yet leave so quickly when things go south.

You feel like your world comes crashing down and you will never find someone who once made you so happy.

If I have learned anything from my previous relationships, it is to not put all your happiness into one person. There is so much around us to be thankful for, not just one person. You have your family, your friends, our awesome God, and a beautiful world we live in. Also, the happiness you find within yourself. I wanted to remind you of those things because sometimes we grow apart from those people or things when we start dating someone.

With that said, I want you to be aware that a person you care so much about could turn their back on you in an instant. If that does happen, do not allow that one heartbreak determine where your relationships with others stand.

After all the things that come from the whole heartbreak process, like little to no food intake, plenty of tears, and a lot of wondering where everything went wrong. It has all made me realize what I truly want from a relationship with someone. Not just what I want, but what I deserve. What everybody deserves.

Everyone wants to have the perfect relationship they have always dreamed of. With that to come, you have to be patient.

You will go on dates with different people you end up having no connection with what so ever, and that's okay. Do not try to rush into something that you know is not going anywhere. You will know when you are attracted to someone when you get excited to hear from them and drop whatever other plans you have to go spend time with them. It is during that time when you give that person all of your trust and honesty and they do the same in return. From there, you will know what it is like to be respected and cared for rather than mistreated and lied to.

All the pain you have suffered from previous heartbreaks were lessons learned. Trust your gut and give yourself time to heal. I promise no matter who walks out of your life, someone better will come along.