What Does God's Steadiness Feel Like?

What Does God's Steadiness Feel Like?

Letting God take your hand and be your source of steadiness.

249
What Does God's Steadiness Feel Like?
Lori

"Steady: Firmly fixed, supported or balanced; not shaking or moving." This is the word one of my friends told me after praying for me. "Sydney, be steady." I never realized such a simple word could pack such a powerful punch. With everyone's lives being super busy between school, work, or extra curricular activities, it is easy to get overwhelmed and shaky, like your boat is being tossed throughout the waves and you are barely hanging on! We strive and search for things to make us feel secure, like: friends, getting a good grade on a test, success in athletics, partying etc. We search for things to fill us up on it's own and make us feel like we are in control, when all it is doing is making us feel even more empty. Why is this? It is because the only thing that can make us feel 100% supported, balanced, and firmly fixed is Jesus. Jesus provides the ultimate steadiness. He will not let you fall. Sure, he may shake your boat a little, but he won't let those who love and follow him fall harder than they can handle.

When you give Jesus your hand and let him lead you and have ultimate control over your life, he will provide you with so much support and peace that you never knew was possible. Jesus wants you to lean into him, he wants to help you with whatever is important to you, because whatever is important to you, is important to God because you're his child. He is the best listening ear and truly cares about what you have to say. There are a a lot of things in this life that will be unstable and just plain crappy, but God and his love for us cannot be shaken, no matter what. God provides you with the ultimate steady hand, and that is what we should all strive for.

Here is what the bible says about steadiness:

1 Peter 3:4 "But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him."

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

James 1:4 "Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Psalm 112:8 "His heart is steady; he will not be afraid, until he looks in triumph on his adversaries."