What do you want out of life?

What do you want out of life?

I want it all!

60
What do you want out of life?

“I want to live and love recklessly. Fly higher, drive faster, feel too deeply and act on things in spite of fear. I want to be out of control, laugh to no end, meet more strange people, make memories when I’m least expecting it, settle less, and see things that are beautiful and unusual. Taste new foods, and fall in love with as many things and people as possible. I want to learn, and I want to questions things more. Because, my god, our time to live is limited, and I swear, good enough never is.”

-J. Raymond

When I was driving back from a bike race, I came across a bumper sticker that said what do you want out of life? This got me thinking about what do I want out of life? Everyone wants to live a good life, but why don’t we all want to live a great one? An irreplaceable one? An inspiring one? One filled with experiences. Why don’t we push ourselves to do more, experience more than just ‘good’ in our life?

I want to love so deep that it hurts. I want to take chances, take risks that make me feel alive. I want to make mistakes so that I can get the high of learning from every poor choice I made. I want to fall down at times, just so that I can grow from it.

I want to make memories that I can look back at and crack a smile 20 years later. I want to meet people that can teach me things, people that will hold a special place in my heart for years to come.

I want to be crazy, silly, and irresponsible. I want to depend on the wrong people just so that I can learn who my real friends are. I want to have my heart broken, just so that I know exactly how it feels to love and not be loved in return.

I want to speak so freely that my words touch souls. I want to be so blunt that I never hold back what I’m truly thinking or truly feeling. If I’m in love, I want to voice it. If I’m mad, I want to explain it. I want my words to tell my truth. I want my words to say it all.

I want to never spend a single second of my life settling – in my relationships, in my job, or in my own happiness.

I want to experience it all…the good, the bad, and the ugly. I want to live so freely that all my experiences shape me into a person that I’d be proud of.

I want to be so prepared for my future that I don’t feel like I missed out. I want to feel so alive that I hold no regrets. I don’t want to spend forever questioning my decisions or asking myself “what if”.

But with all the lows I want to overcome in life, I want to experience the highs.

I want fall so hard for someone that loves me back.

I want a romance like the movies, because I don’t believe for a single second that those don’t exist.

I want to dance to ‘ All of Me ’ for my first dance at my wedding and get lost in my wife's eyes.

I want to dance to music in my underwear as I sing all the words off key.

I want to travel the world just to say I’ve seen it all.

I want to own a house on the water so that I know what it feels like to go to bed every night with sand between my toes, and to wake up every morning with a beautiful ocean view.

I want to make so much money so that I can donate to all the charities in need.

I want to find a job I love so much that I fear the day I retire.

I want to be a father and pass on everything I know to my kids.

I want a family so big that I never have to spend a second feeling alone.

I want everything. I want to be selfish in my life because they say if you live life right – living once is enough.

So, I don’t want to live an ordinary life. I don’t want to view my life as “good enough”. I want to live an extraordinary one. I want to be amazed by how much I accomplish in this life and at the end of my life I want to be able to say " I did it all"