What Anyone In Retail Wants You To Know

What Anyone In Retail Wants You To Know

Especially during the holidays

9
What Anyone In Retail Wants You To Know

As an employee in the retail world, there are a few things I want you to know before we get too deep into the holiday season.

You're all important.

I'm sorry, but chances are you are not my only customer. If I am helping someone else, I will not just drop everything to come help you. Unless you have an emergency, wait your turn.

I don't have time for stories.

Trust me, I do want to know the names of all of your grand babies, but I don't have the time. This is the busiest time of the year for us. The time you spend telling me about your life is valuable time I could be giving to a customer in need.

We are stressed.

Our job on a normal day is not a walk through the part, but especially through the holidays. Give us a minute to catch our breath.

I'm sorry if I offend your religion.

I believe in Christmas, because I am a Christian. Therefore, there will be times that I will tell you Merry Christmas. If that offends you, then I'm sorry.

Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Lets act like it! You treat me with respect and I treat you with respect. Let's get excited to celebrate instead of being rude because you have to wait.

We do have lives.

I'm sorry, but if we don't have something in stock, don't get mad at me. Also know that we don't have the time to hunt down said item, look it up online or check back at a later date.

We're all human, I know we get frustrated. However, the next time you take something out on a sales associate or manager, stop and think if it's really worth ruining their day over.