13 Slang Terms Everyone From The DMV Knows And Says

If you have to ask where the DMV is, you can't sit with us.

54551

Slang is what I like to call a "language phenomenon." It's derived from our basic languages and broken down into specific dialects related to each region. For example, where I'm from is known as the "DMV" (DC, Maryland, and Virginia). We have our own dialect that's exclusive to our area. Some of the most popular slang comes from the DMV, and other areas of the nation like New York, and Atlanta have slang that really stands out. Here's a brief description of some of the more popular words in the DMV slang dialect. You ready moe?

1. Moe

Can be a person place or thing, can be used as an expression; one of the most common terms in the DMV Slang.

2. Kill

Can be a situation, or finality to a situation, conversation ender, realization, usually negative in nature.

3. Jhi Like

Confirmation used to beat around the bush; used to emphasize.

4. You Himmie

Do you understand? Used to determine comprehension of said conversation.

5. Muvas

A serious confirmation, to swear on the life of one's mother, this means someone is telling the truth.

6. Wellin'

When you think someone is lying or exaggerating.

7. Fakin'

Used to call out false actions, to flirt, and to flex.

8. Yeah

The most versatile slang word, meaning changes based on context, meant to keep moves discrete. Can be used to describe "relations," moves, actions, shenanigans, describe beauty, success, positive feelings of approval and satisfaction.

9. Bet

A quick confirmation, conversation ender. To place a bet.

10. OC (Out Of Control)

Used to emphasize, the definition varies by context.

12. Joanin'

To make jokes at the expense of others.

13. Like Sh*t

A placeholder, conversation enhancer, joanin' enhancer especially.