Weird Cats You Secretly Want

Weird Cats You Secretly Want

#CatLadyGoals
397

Awhile back, I wrote an article called "Exotic Cats You Probably Didn't Know Existed", this is the second edition about "Weird Cats You Secretly Want." A lot of people don't realize there is an abundance of cat breeds out there besides the standard Tabby and Calico. Here is a list of all the other cats out there that are uncommon and would be considered weird an unusual to many cat owners.

Sphynx

First off on this list is of course, the infamous hairless cat. Many people have mixed feelings about these silly critters, but I think they're absolutely adorable. To many they look like alien cats.

Cornish & Devon Rex

These are 2 different cat breeds that I lumped together because they are very similar looking. They look like Sphynx cats with a little bit more hair.

Munchkin

These cute little stubby munchkin is absolutely adorable. They have short little legs and stay tiny and petite forever. These are probably the most popular weird cat.

American Curl

These cats are named after their unique ears. These cats are absolutely adorable and the curling of the ear occurs from a gene mutation.

Turkish Angora

These stunning cats are white and usually have 2 different colored eyes like pictured above. They are considered an ancient cat and are closely related to the Persian.

Manx

These cats are unique because they have little to no tail! Their lack of a tail also occurs from a gene mutation. These cats are not super common but are still extremely cute.

Scottish Fold

Another cat with adorable ears. Like their name, the ears of this cat are folded over, making them look sweet and precious constantly. Most of us have probably seen pictures of them over the Internet. These cats have a cartilage mutation that causes their ears to bend over.

Japanese Bobtail

Just like the Manx, the Japanese Bobtail is another cat with an incomplete tail, however, their tail is more pronounced than the Manx' tall. Thus, giving them the name "bobtail". Their tail is better described as a bunny tail.

Now that you've seen these adorable cats, you won't be able to un-see all their cuteness. Many of these cats you have to get from breeders, just like exotic cats. However, it's worth it. Many people would consider some of these cats ugly, but every cat needs some love.