I Weigh Over 200 Pounds And...

I Weigh Over 200 Pounds And...

Everything you think you know is wrong.
191

There seem to be a lot of misconceptions going around about overweight women. We hear a lot of things that plus sized women aren't. They aren't physically active, they aren't happy with their bodies, they aren't healthy but I'm here as a plus sized women to tell you the truth about what I am.

I apologize in advance for all the gifs of skinny girls doing the things I'm talking about, plus sized girls just aren't represented.

I wear crop tops.

I love crop tops, they are so cute! I don't understand why the fashion industry thinks plus sized women don't like normal clothes. I love watching other plus sized women realize that if I can wear whatever I want, so can they.

I am beautiful.

I look damn good. My weight does not determine how good I look, it's all about that confidence.

I go to the gym.

I have a regular workout schedule and I actually enjoy it. I probably go to the gym more than most "skinny" people.

I don't have to wear a bra.

It's not just for small boobs anymore, live your life and don't let society tell you that you shouldn't. Trust me you didn't even notice that I wasn't wearing a bra the last time you saw me.

I am healthy.

Recent studies actually show that most people that are considered obese or overweight are actually otherwise completely healthy. If you aren't my doctor maybe you shouldn't be making judgments about my health.

Men are attracted to me.

I look good and obviously, men think so too. Don't try to tell me that men would like me better if I lost weight. I'm having pretty good luck right now.

I love healthy food.

Who doesn't love a good bag of grapes every now and then? If a skinny girl overeats it's cute but when I eat a salad it must be because I'm trying to lose weight. I love salad but I also love mozzarella sticks. Just let me live my life.

I like the way I look in clothes.

Retailers like Maurice's have really stepped it up in giving plus sized women options. I pick out clothes that make me look good just like any other girl would and I'm pretty happy with my choices.

Your opinions are not welcome.

I don't want to hear what you think I should wear, or eat, or do. I'm an adult out here making my own choices just like you are. I can do the same things you can do.

I love my body.

I don't know when we started telling women they should love their bodies only if they have the perfect body. You only get one life so why should you spend it hating the body you have? As I've started to love my body more, I've actually lost weight more easily than I ever did when I hated my body. Self love is the most important thing you can give yourself.