A Letter From The Weakest Version Of Yourself

Because tomorrow you will have made it through one more day, and you will be that much stronger.

133
@theswirlblog

Dear future me,

This is the weakest version of you speaking. I'm writing this to encourage both the person I am right now, and the person I will be when I stumble upon this letter again one day. I want everyone to know just how strong you are, even when you're weak. Today, I am the weakest I will ever be. Even though I'm proclaiming myself as weak, I know that I am actually incredibly strong. Not bench press 250 pounds strong, but emotionally, mentally, and spiritually strong.

Over the past 20 years, you have found a way to overcome everything you've ever had thrown your way. From something as small as having to move elementary schools, to something as big as moving away from home, or choosing to fall in love. You have handled fights, tears, heartbreak, and physical pain. Every horrible win-or-lose test, every single friendship fallout, and every boy that left sooner than you thought you wanted.

However, every time you face something else, you believe you will break. You think that this one event will be different from everything else you've had to experience.

"Yeah, I've taken hard classes, but THIS one will be the end of me."

"I know I got the last job, but THIS one is my dream job! What happens if I don't get that one?"

Well, I'm here to tell you that it doesn't matter. Every single time something did not go the way you wanted it to, you ended up in a place even better than what you had originally imagined.

Every single hard place and circumstance brought you to where you are right now. Whether that place is a good one or a bad one, it is only temporary. You aren't meant to live a life full of happiness, but you also aren't meant to live a life of sadness, either.

There will be times where one is most present than the other. There will be times where you really think this will be it.

But, today you are the weakest you ever will be. Because tomorrow you will have made it through one more day, and you will be that much stronger. You will, once again, be a survivor. Whether you wake up tomorrow worse than you feel right now, you will be even stronger at the end of that day, and that's what matters.

I hope one day you find this article again, and read it, and remember how you felt right now. I hope that regardless of what you're going through, you remember everything you've faced until then, and remember that you can do it; just like you always do.