We Are All Witnesses To The NBA Prospect Zion Williamson
Professional

We Are All Witnesses To The Future Of Basketball

Its close to the end of march madness and close to the start of the draft

181
www.instagram.com

Every couple years or so, there will be a talent like no other in the draft. This person will be tagged as the next great leader of a powerful dynasty or the leader of the NBA for a decade or so. Players such as Kevin Durant or Lonzo Ball. We are in the middle of witnessing something double that hype. The person I'm going to talk about has made the NCAA his playtoy and has torn up amateur defense after defense, leaving nothing in his wake of destruction. He has made himself into a nightmare with his supreme athleticism or his large body, creating mismatches everywhere around the hoop and all around the court.

Yes I am talking about Zion Williamson.

Zion Williamson is good. How good is he you may ask? He is so good that before even stepping onto a COLLEGE FLOOR, major celebrities such as Drake or Jay Z were at his high school games to get a look at the phenom that would come to dominate basketball for the next decade. Williamson is so good that he literally makes other college programs scout even harder to find a diamond in a rough which they can develop into half the player he is. That is how he knows he's made his impact on the basketball world.

In the 2018-2019 NCAA mens division 1 season, Williamson and another potential top 5 pick in R.J. Barrett have carried duke with the likes of Cam Reddish and other role players this season. They've formulated a game plan to bully their way to the basket and force defenders at the other end to play up to their strengths. This has allowed for them to pick up easy games against smaller teams but if the time comes, they can adapt to the 3 point shot too. Just look at the results of the round of 32 game against UCF, Duke was forced to switch to another game plan because they knew that their idea of getting easy baskets around the rim wouldn't work.

However, even more than a basketball player, Zion Williamson has been controversial figure for his surprising injury. The man who was compared too as being hit by a car suddenly seemed so human when his shoe broke and he was lying there on the floor. This first of all brought up the controversy of shoes put more importantly, should college athletes get paid? This was a serious question to ask as staying a amateur was always considered a bad idea. Why would you limit yourself to getting less money when you can go pro and get paid? And due to the NBA CBA in 2005, you risk not going to the NBA at all if you have an off-season in college. This can hurt your chances to get paid and affects how many players will continue going to the NBA if foreign leagues have spots open with actual paying jobs. As the summer moves closer, Zion Williamson will get his shot to show if he's that once in a generation talent he is expected to be.