We Accept The Love We Think We Deserve

We Accept The Love We Think We Deserve

We just deserve more than we know.

22
We Accept The Love We Think We Deserve

We all know what developing a crush is like:

Girl meets Boy. Girl likes Boy. Boy starts to notice Girl. Girl tries her hardest to make Boy fall head-over-heels for her. Boy does not reciprocate the feelings. Girl is crushed...until she spies a new Boy. Cycle starts over.

But what about those times where that tired, old cycle gets broken?

Not with "Boy actually likes Girl, they fall madly in love, get married, make babies, die in each other's arms". No, but that does happen (not often, sadly).

I'm talking about the times when the boy decides to play along with the girl's feelings, bring her in really close, make her feel the love she's always wanted, and then push her away without warning. The Almost Lovers, if you will.

It's sad that relationships nowadays have been so skewed from what they used to be, no one really understands what real love is. We are all just searching for that one person whom we know we can trust our deepest, darkest secrets with, that one person who will be there at the end of the day with good vibes and cuddles, that one person who we know won't leave or betray us, no matter what goes on in their lives.

But for a good majority of us that does not exist. Maybe it's our self-esteem issues or our family's issues or whatever, but one thing is for certain:

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Girls, we deserve the love described above.

We deserve someone who will text us "Good morning, beautiful" each day and "Good night, my love" every evening (or someone next to us actually saying the words in person).

We deserve someone who will make sure our well-being is taken care of, as well as our souls and every single, itty bitty, teeny tiny speck of us, because they love all of us.

We deserve the random flowers or random love notes, just because (WE ARE WORTH IT).
We deserve to be shown off in public, not to be pushed aside or to be told they're ashamed of us (alternatively, if they admit they're ashamed of you, please leave before you begin thinking about changing yourself; you are already an amazing, awesome, beautiful person and WILL find your one! ♥).

We deserve someone who compliments us, not fully completes us (because we are already complete!).

I know many of you are reading this and still thinking about giving up on love or relationships.

You've been burned one too many times, and just want to throw in the towel.

Please, don't. Give it one last shot. It will be so worth it in the end.

You'll meet that special someone, fall madly in love, and spend eternity in their arms.

Not quitting will be so worth it. Pinky Promise.